Best and worst vocalists.

• Thread starter Samer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheSilentWater

is a nerd.
Reaction score
Call me a n00b :)fawk:), but as far as versatility combined with effective, convincing performance goes:

And for general sickness:

I also agree with damn near all of the other suggestions. Especially Mikael Akerfeldt. :agreed:

Murmel

Reaction score
Saw them live last night and this song was perfect live :agreed:

Kyo is a great vocalist.
You lucky mofo :fawk:

And I also like Trivium. I think Matt is a great vocalists, he's probably one of my favourites, not to mention he's pretty decent at guitar.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
+1 for Maynard James Keenan

I'd like to mention Warrel Dane, I don;t like all the stuph he does, but when I like it, I REALLY like it.

UGH

Reaction score
J.R. Hayes....
Hellfest09459.jpg

Grind Poet...:scream:

goth_fiend

Reaction score
Roy Khan of Kamelot. Absolute mindf*ck of a singer. Similar to Warrel Dane in that he's a trained opera singer.

agreed, seeing them live 4 times affirms this, khan is fucking AMAZING, and his range is unbelievable, go look into his stuff from conception, mindfuck is not even the right term:hbang:

UGH

Reaction score
This fuck's got highs and lows, wrapped up....
008_8.jpg

Shaun LaCanne/Putrid Pile

guitar4tw

Reaction score
Anything Devin Townsend will rise to the top of this list pretty quickly.

Deaths Madrigal

The Soulcollector
Reaction score
Peter Tagtgren and Mikael Akerfeldt are probably the best vocalists in the metal genre, and for different reasons. Tagtgren is absolutely unbeatable for his range, his gutterals sound possessed and the guy's high shrieks are the most intense vocals in the genre. Akerfeldt on the other hand has sheer brutality and power in his voice that just puts all those other vocalists to shame. Not to mention that they can both SING exceptionally well. There is a reason Bloodbath is called 'death metal elite' and there is a reason those two guys are the only ones who could fit that bill.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Winner in my book is 1:11-1:12, 2:30 and you get the idea if you listen to it

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While I'm not the biggest fan, Dani Filth's vocals are pretty crazy.

There's already a thread on this subject but I'm tired so I can't be bothered to find it. :lol: First person to turn it up and post the URL gets a free +rep from me. :D

')