Best Boss Effects

• Thread starter Kotex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
In your experience what are the best Boss effects, in any area (Fanger, Chorus, etc.)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a DD-3 delay, a BF-2 flanger and a TR-2 tremolo and all serve their purpose. Most Boss pedals are decent maybe not the best but workable.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
I know it's not exciting, but the NS-2 is supreme IMO. I couldn't use any effects without it.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was always partial to the DS-1, SD-1, GE-7, and CE-2.

ARTofSHREDDIN

Reaction score
I've always been fond of the CE-5 and DD-3, yet I have the MT-2, BF-2 and TU-2 for stage tuning and used to have the MD-2.

I could prolly use the NS-2 to clear up white noise. or the LS-2 for switching between my 7 and 6 string

jufob

Banned
Reaction score
My "Boss HR-2 Harmonist" gets the Brian May "wire choir" 3-part smart harmony...CAUTION!!!...when adding the "DOD YJM 308" it may cause multi-dimensional shifting and or time-fractures in our present 3-D reality!!

DeL07

SS.org Sushi Whore
Reaction score
The ML-2 is right up there on my list! Absolutely brutal distortion depending on my mood.... :squint:

Coiso

Reaction score
I used to own lots of boss stuff, but i eventually sold them all! i only kept my Boss ns-2, and will keep it probably forever, since i found the right way to use it (those boss bastards didn't include the correct way of using it with high gain amps in their manual!)

bibz

Reaction score
Well since my old man collects them I'll add in.

DM-2's sound fucking killer, DD-3's are great for the range of settings too. Actually better then the DD-6.

GE-7 is great too. MT-2 is a mainstay for distortion, but mines gonna be used as a clean boost from now on, its a killer hidden feature!

Flangers dont get better, nor near as good, then the HF-2. Much more musical and involved then the others I've found.

NS-2 is a rockin' lil thing too, if you see one of them cheap pick it up and throw it at the end of your stomps.

VB-2 is rare but the nicest tremolo, err 'vibrato' I've heard. The tr-2 isnt a bad vibrato either :fawk:

The dynamic filter thingy was cool too, cant remember the model number (ft-2?). DS-1 of course screams harmonics, makes a good lead boost/tone.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble. Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor.
The original analog red delay is nice too, I wish i hadn't sold that :wallbash:

The Super Distortion/Feedbacker (or Super Feedback/Distortion, depending on which year you buy) is quite cool. The distortion is shit, but the feedback effect is awesome. :lol:

')