Best Buy Confirms 'Secret' Version of its Website to screw customers.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
damn! Circuit City = :yesway:

and, oh yeah...
Wal-Mart... check
Monster Cables... check
Best Buy... checked!

maybe we should start a Sevenstring.org Black List in the politics forum :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
you should add Bose to that list :lol:

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment

Rebelyellz

DONNIE
Reaction score
This org should start a bad bussiness Thread.Best Buy should at top of the list!But then again a good bussiness thread should be started.I think we all have been screwed at least once!But we all have been helped at least once too!Wal Mart is always getting a bad rap too!2 of the main owners live close to here.Both familys own teams in all sports.But i know for a fact that paige lorys family gives alot to this area.Rember Paige? DONNIE

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No sir, I don't like it.

:rofl: My favorite scene from Ren&Stimpy.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Did they try to sue "Monster Energy Drink" too? :nuts:

Yep.

I also remember when they tried to sue "Monster Garage" on the Discovery Channel. I refuse to buy their products now. :noway:

Wikipedia said:
Monster Cable is aggressively protecting its name and trademark by filing numerous lawsuits and trademark infringement claims against dozens of companies for using the word "monster" in names, products or services. Monster Cable CEO Noel Lee defended these actions by saying "We have an obligation to protect our trademark; otherwise we'd lose it". Some of the items they are suing about are: Monster Garage, Monster House, Monster Energy Drink, MonsterHTPC, Snow Monsters (a kid's skiing group), MonsterVintage (small used clothing store), Monsters Inc., Monsters of the Midway (Chicago Bears), Fenway Park's Monster seats, and the Monster.com employment website.

MonsterHTPC website said:
As some of you know, we recently brought the attention of Monster Cable Inc and their aggressive campaign to secure the word "monster" and its association with their business. In the end it boiled down to two choices fight this battle in court or change our business name. We firmly believe that our customers want a solid product at a fair price and aren't focused on our name. Also we could not justify passing on the price of such a legal battle, to our customer base. Therefore we made the difficult decision to change our name and have done so. I want to personally thank everyone in the community for your heart felt support and words of good luck throughout this entire ordeal, it is noticed and much appreciated.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
That is retarded. I'm starting a band called Monster Cable Incorporated.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
For the price you pay, no one can touch their badass speaker cable:

246935.jpg

The stuff is extremely heavy duty, and a ten footer is only 30 bucks. :yesway:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
What's that cable that you put the ends on yourself? That stuff is supposedly good from what you guys said.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
George L's

I use this for all my instrument cable needs. All the cabling in my rack and on my floorboard is George L's. It is ridiculously high quality, and easy to use.

It's not cheap, but then again, neither is Monster. You also get what you pay for, and I feel it was worth every penny I paid.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Are they gonna sue Sesame Street for Cookie Monster?

I think I'll start using Planet Waves cables. Never been too crazy about my Monsters anyway.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Monster cables are really just cheap "high quality" cables rebranded and sold at expensive prices, kind of like BOSE.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
NewEgg for the win (back to the BestBuy thing).

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Monster cables are really just cheap "high quality" cables rebranded and sold at expensive prices, kind of like BOSE.

"No highs, no lows, must be BOSE" (Professional models, especially)

"You can buy a better speaker, but you can't pay more money" :agreed: :lol:

')