Best Buy Confirms 'Secret' Version of its Website to screw customers.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I used to work at best buy (the geek squad) and i found another job because they would rip of there employees and there customers non stop.

For example, we were not supposed to charge a $60 diagnostic fee to customers who had a service plan to look at there computers, yet management forced us to any way.

And then they told us not to run a full diagnostic test, instead just guess what the problem is and sell them the highest margin solution.

The worst thing this company ever did was a few years ago, they fired every lead, and senior in the store because of a cooperate restructure, and gave them 0 notice. They came into the store for a morning meeting and found out there was no longer a position for them.

Horrible company, to be avoided at all costs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used to work at best buy (the geek squad) and i found another job because they would rip of there employees and there customers non stop.

For example, we were not supposed to charge a $60 diagnostic fee to customers who had a service plan to look at there computers, yet management forced us to any way.

And then they told us not to run a full diagnostic test, instead just guess what the problem is and sell them the highest margin solution.

The worst thing this company ever did was a few years ago, they fired every lead, and senior in the store because of a cooperate restructure, and gave them 0 notice. They came into the store for a morning meeting and found out there was no longer a position for them.

Horrible company, to be avoided at all costs!
Damn, that's pathetic.

Digital Black

Reaction score
Yet , almost a week later, there is little backlash. Everyone I mention this too had no idea. And you would think Comsumers would rally......

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
THats why when i see an offer or something or an outrageous price, i'll print that shit out and take it in there with me.
I do that ALL THE TIME.
If they don't accept the printed out price, I'm out the door. It's amazing how many times they'll say, "Hold on....let me see what I can do.."
:D

That is retarded. I'm starting a band called Monster Cable Incorporated.
I'd like to manage you guys.
:D

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Yet , almost a week later, there is little backlash. Everyone I mention this too had no idea. And you would think Comsumers would rally......

People can be an odd lot. Think about all the negative press Wal-Mart gets and people still shop there in droves. People just don't seem to care. But people seem apathetic to what has gotten out because they perceive Wal-Mart as being inexpensive therefore good for them.

Plus the mainstream media seems awfully afraid to attack potential advertisers. Frontline on PBS is the only news show I've seen that's really taken on Wal-Mart. The rest of the media mentions a bit of this or that but doesn't really do a lot of stories about all the problems with them.

This also applies. more than likely, to Best Buy. The corporate media can't forsake the almighty advertising dollar.

Personally I'm never spending a nickel at Best Buy again. Wal-Mart hasn't seen my money in years. Even my Catholic parish won't shop at Wal-Mart because they have objections to their business practices. You got to take a stand sometimes.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Hear, hear. I'm with you, Eric.

This Best Buy story is really outrageous. Unfettered corporate greed. If they keep these practices up, however, I'm willing to bet it'll bite 'em in the ass in the long wrong. People will put up with a lot, but blatant ripoffs of this magnitude, not for long. :2c:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
:woohoo:

Bob's back and he's got my back!! :tdw: I feel better now. :lol:

But if this story does go mainstream people will get pissed. The American people will tolerate a lot. But ripping them off is not one of the things they put up with.

')