Best Cab ($300 range) to use with HD500

• Thread starter djentbojangle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Bugera Vintage 2x12...not a 4x12, but only about $200...the stock speaker sound pretty great once they're broken in a little bit, plus its light, can be run in stereo (4/16 ohm Mono; 8 Ohm/side Stereo), and its got cool metallic grill cloth. I gutted mine and stuck the speakers in a different cab...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Promit

Reaction score
I don't know that I'd use V30s to monitor an HD500, guys. Ideally you'd want a flatter speaker and use the cab simulations on board the POD. My first thought is actually a 2x12 diagonal (looks like a 4x12) with a pair of Emi Delta Pro 12A drivers.

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
You can just disable the cab sim on the 500, right? If OP wants to use the cab sims, he needs an FRFR system, like that Tech21 with the integrated power-amp.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I use an XT live. I have a Hughes and Kettner Attax 4x12. Kicks major ass. 400w and has so much low end and headroom.
(cell camera used)
I recently just made that. It's a really tight cabinet, and has a great bass responce. For $375 (75 of that was shipping) this kills mesa cabs hands down. Hooked it up to a mesa and was displeased. These are cheap used and if you can find one do it.

')