Best chorus pedal?

• Thread starter MeriTone Music
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MeriTone Music

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm needing a new chorus pedal...

I will probably end up getting a Nirvana as I'm endorsed by Wampler and pretty much love all of their stuff... BUT.... before I do that...

Anyone got recommendations to share???

THANK YOU!! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
I've tried many different chorus-pedals in stores because I've been looking for a new one myself but I always find my way back to my Boss CE-2. Just does that job more'n well enough for me :)
Try it out if you can find one! Simple but amazing.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Any boss pedals, but honestly i recently bought a micro chorus and it's better than any other i've tried. I've owned a Super Chorus, Chorus Ensemble and a Black Label Chorus. All great but the micro sounds more natural to me and only has 1 knob, uber easy to use and sounds great!

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I've used all kinds of choruses, Small Clone, almost everything Boss ever put out, t.c. electronics... I love the simplicity of the Small Clone and the early Boss pedals, but my favourite ever chorus sound is the Deep Detune setting on my Whammy.

That being said, get that Wampler and report back with a few clips!

ke7mix

Reaction score
The TC Electronic SCF (Stereo Chorus Flanger) is #1 in my book

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
What kind of stuff are you going for? I like the MXR stuff. If you want something subtle, the MXR Analog or Zakk Wylde Chorus would fit the bill, and the MXR Stereo for more "warbly" sounds.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
What kind of stuff are you going for? I like the MXR stuff. If you want something subtle, the MXR Analog or Zakk Wylde Chorus would fit the bill, and the MXR Stereo for more "warbly" sounds.

I have the zack it's the same pedal as the analogue basically a copy of the old analogue boss ce-5 (the new ce-5's are digital apparently)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised, since Zakk used both the Boss CE-5 and MXR Stereo Chorus and probably wanted the best of both.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Get a Nirvana for chorus and then buy a T-Rex mudhoney for a fuzz.

axemanrio

Reaction score
I've owned more Chorus pedals than I should have, and while I rely on the Dreamscape and Axe Fx now, I miss how good the MXR Micro Chorus and larger Stereo Chorus sound.

macgruber

cat enthusiast
Reaction score
i vote boss ce-2, mxr black label chorus, or ibanez bi-mode chorus.

all very nice in their own way.

Igotsoul4u

Reaction score
The Red Witch Empress Chorus is the best chorus pedal IMO. It has a variable delay which allows it to emulate nearly any chorus sound. It's pricey but sounds perfect and offers a huge range of chorus tones.

Ripper7620

Reaction score
The Micro Pitch algorhythem in the Eventide H9 has the best chorus I've ever heard:

wheelsdeal

Reaction score
I know a lot of people suggesting the Boss CE-2 everytime someone looking for a chorus pedal and it would be a good choice if you can find it dead cheap.However these costs like 100$ on ebay and i wouldnt spend that kind of money on a 20 year old beat up pedal when i can buy a brand new MXR Analog Chorus or Zack Wylde (same pedal).You can pretty much get the tones of the CE-2 out of the MXR but not the other way around.The Micro Chorus and EHX Neo Clone are also cool pedals for simplicity.

Latest posts

')