Best custom shop for a seven string?

• Thread starter joates2384
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

joates2384

Reaction score
Which guitar company do you guys think would make the best custom shop seven string(say price isnt a factor). Ran? BC RICH? Jackson? ESP? Some other one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you looking for advice for a custom yourself or is this just a thread where people dream about owning customs? Cuz if its the later its been done a ton of times on here - just search.

alecisonfire

Reaction score
hufschmid, sherman, ran, bernie rico, etc. depends on what you like and what youre looking for. once you get to that level of craft, there is no best, just a whole lot of quality instruments that suit different players

Reaction score
Got a favorite guitar? One that you keep going back to? One that just feels like home? Go with that company.

CapenCyber

Reaction score
Ran are the best.

:lol:
Haha, well one of them anyway, give us some detail on what you want to play on it, what features are important for you, what style/hardware you want, prices, waiting times, shipping etc

There are a lot to choose from, there are many great builders out there.

But seriously Ran are the best, specifically my Ran.:squint:

jsousa

Reaction score
Ran are the best.

:lol:
Haha, well one of them anyway, give us some detail on what you want to play on it, what features are important for you, what style/hardware you want, prices, waiting times, shipping etc

There are a lot to choose from, there are many great builders out there.
your ran is awesome haha, just seems they are slightly pricey and with excessive wait times.

But seriously Ran are the best, specifically my Ran.:squint:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
If money wasnt an issue, I'd probably try for a Sherman. Although Im not sure, depends if I was to do a superstrat shape or elsewise, if it was a superstrat im sure Sherman would work but if it was another shape, id go elsewhere.

joates2384

Reaction score
Well see guys Im thinking of just saving up for a dream guitar, so money really isnt an issue. I also prefer the more metal shapes (Rhoads,warriors/stealths etc)

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Well see guys Im thinking of just saving up for a dream guitar, so money really isnt an issue. I also prefer the more metal shapes (Rhoads,warriors/stealths etc)

Sounds like Rico Jr. is all you than.
Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars: The Rico Jr 828 series guitars
pv_The_Menace_-_BloodPool.jpg

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
honestly the Rico Jr's are really nice...i dont like the shape above either but he knows how to build a shred guitar..

also-

Elysia(!!)

Hufschmid(sp?)(!!)

Sherman(!!)

Ran

Agile Custom Shop

Jayden Rose(!!)

theres alot more, and since im thinkin of them, i cant think of them right now.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
hufschmid, sherman, ran, bernie rico, etc. depends on what you like and what youre looking for. once you get to that level of craft, there is no best, just a whole lot of quality instruments that suit different players

QFT

yacker

Reaction score
If you're into metal shapes Rico Jr. is probably the best option. All the other other options are viable except Devries....in case you haven't noticed people recommending him are joking. Patrick Sims at Custom Guitar Refinishing & Painting may also be worth looking into since he is now making 7 string guitars.

')