Best Desktop For Recording/BDs @ +/-1K?

• Thread starter Carl Kolchak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Need a new desktop.

Ideally, I don't want to spend more than 1K. Primary uses will be music recording/mixing and blu ray viewing. No gaming.

Don't have the time or the expertise to build anything myself.

So what're the best deal(s) out there atm?

WarMachine

Reaction score
I know you mentioned you wouldn't be using it for gaming, but i recently built a Ryzen rig for under $400 and it is great. I'm bringing that up into it because most people associate Ryzen CPU's with primarily gaming, but they are very cheap and fast as hell. I've been honestly considering doing another build just for what you are talking about to be my daily driver. If you decide to check these out, make sure you get a "G" variant. 2200G,3200G etc. These have built in Vega graphics. If you get something else you would need to buy a dedicated GPU for it. All in all, you could get a case, PSU, a Ryzen CPU, some ram and HDD's for under 400 bucks easy. I know you mentioned you don't have the time or skills to build it yourself, but they are very easy to put together man. And much cheaper also.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Used iMac? Used loaded mac mini + monitor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.