Best Distorted Tone You've Ever Heard???

• Thread starter Blood Tempest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I think my favorite rhythm/riffage tones, are the tones used is born of osiris's discovery album. for leady tones, i really like between the buried and me, or even human abstract. their lead tones are too sick. i also really love marc okubo of veil of mayas tone.. its like, so dark and gritty and nasty.. in a good way! petrucci has my favorite "soulful" tone, so to speak. Petrucci probably has my favorite overall tone.
I sometimes like cooley and loomis's lead tones. but i feel their own tones are often changing, for the mood of the song i suppose. And of course after the burial i believe has an overall good tone on the in dreams album. and we cant forget about periphery too! theres just too many good tones in this world. all really defined by the overall feel and groove of the songs too.

Contra

Reaction score
Not necessarily the best or my favorite, but when I heard In Fear and Faith's rhythm guitar on their album "Your World on Fire," it stuck out to me. It sounds a lot bigger and more powerful than you hear with similar bands. I thought that whole album had really nice production, actually.

nickgray

Reaction score

Fat, rich, with lots of mids with as much definition and possible.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Some of my absolute favorite distorted tones are the Graf Orlock records, and Carcass - Heartwork

pattonfreak1

Bored Member
Reaction score
Dont know if he's been mentioned and I dont intend to read thru all 26 pages to see but I've always thought Ty Tabor's (king's X) tone was unbelievable:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Dont know if he's been mentioned and I dont intend to read thru all 26 pages to see but I've always thought Ty Tabor's (king's X) tone was unbelievable:

:agreed:
Knew how to make a notoriously bad amp sound unique and amazing. :D

And the tones he could pull from a Dual Recto. :eek:

Lirtle

Reaction score
Decapitateds tone is incredible. Spawn of possessions is also great... It took me a long time to get into it but it matches their sound so well.

7stringDemon

Reaction score

(specifically in the riff at 0:36)

Not to mention that intro is such a solid rhythm.

It's an ever-growing list. Ola's FBM100 playthrough vid was the shit too (when he plugged in the RGD2120Z anyway).

Latest posts

')