Best guitar I can buy for 300 bucks?

• Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
So I'm pretty set on getting a Laney IRT so most of my gear cash is tied up in that, but not having a guitar for standard/dropped D is going to suck. so should I buy a cheapo guitar to get by, or just suffer through it? If you vote "buy a cheapo" what should I get? I'm not going to be to picky specs wise just looking for the best quality instrument for about 300 bucks. Preferably used, not to "metal," and fixed bridge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You can probably find a used SQUIER Root or J5 Tele in your price range.

EDIT: Not Fender, Squier.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Maybe a used G&L ASAT Tribute. I saw them between $300-350 used on ebay. For cheap guitars, I thought they were pretty nice. I even liked the stock pickups in my Superhawk. Probably should have left them in.

emoslay

Reaction score
Try hunting for a used Ibanez RGA42. Those are pretty neat

Decon87

Reaction score
As for specific models I can't really tell you, it's all based on preference. At your price range you really need to take what you can get. Try your luck on Craigslist, hunt around a little bit. I just picked up a used Ibanez Prestige on Craigslist for $400 and the thing is basically unplayed.

Other than that, if you're looking for something that isn't too "metal" I'm pretty sure the MIM Strats are in the $300-$400 range.

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
visit a pawn shop and see what you may be able to salvage. A lot of the time you find stuff that's like half of its new price because it needs some work or the cosmetics are fecked.

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
I've not owned or played too many guitars, but I'm gonna vouch for MiM strats or teles.
My old school had a whole bunch o' them.
If that's too not metal get one o' the H/S/S ones and put in a new bridge pup once you got cash to spare.

I love my MiA Strat with a Holy Diver innit 8)

MatthewK

Reaction score
A Squier Classic Vibe with a 15% off coupon would be real close to your price and hard to beat in terms of quality. Maybe an LTD. ESP/LTD is one of the most consistent brands across all price ranges in my experience.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
DKMG/DK2M

Older Blackjack series

RG421/321/3EX1

300-500 series LTD MH or EC. Hell, with how many of them there are out saturating the used market, you may get lucky and find an EC-1000 deluxe for around $300 without a case.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Could probably get a used USA Peavey in that price range, if you don't mind 21 frets.

Latest posts

')