Best HEAVY riffs?

• Thread starter BucketheadRules
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
I'm usually pretty anti-breakdown, but A) Cephalic Carnage is always awesome and B) For some reason this one just makes me "bree" along in my car.

(3:12 and on)

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score

Call me crazy, I think this is awesome.
Also,

At about :35

EDIT: fixed the videos

Chopsession

Reaction score
I love the low-end chuggy stuff myself, but this has to be one of the heaviest riffs ever conceived...

It still holds up today in the heavy department. The riff begins at 4:36, just listen to that bass-line, it just oozes a slick, doomy feel. And at standard tuning, this proves that you don't need to tune down do heavy.

Defsan

Reaction score

3:20 after "tell your stepfather I said so". The opening power chord, and the heavier part after the slides completely destroyed me the first time I listened to it.

0:36, breakdown-ish riff.

spattergrind

Reaction score

2:45 I love the way that riff feels.

4:22, there's alot of good riffs to post from DI

Ya I know its IDW but that intro riff is so damn heavy!

Alot of people dont know this band, but they are one of my favorite bands ever. Same members were in a band called FATE (also amazing). Their groove and sound is unmatched. I love it so much.

Pretty much any VoM, Waves of babies main riff, etc.

Cmv120

Reaction score

I have to give this band props. They aren't really too heavy but that beginning riff is great. The singing at 3:00 gives INSTANT wood as well. Great song, great album :metal:

But because this thread is titled "HEAVY" riffs, gonna have to go with my favorite guitarist. After listening to the (pretty bad) intro for a whole minute, that riff raped my ears.

groph

Reaction score

@ 1:15

@ 1:10 and 1:58. Those punches make me want to snap necks. This entire song is pretty fucking heavy in general.

EDIT: Electric Wizard and that stoner doom stuff is fucking awesome too. Different kind of heavy, definitely more atmospheric. I need to listen to that shit some more.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
I guess everyone has their own interpretation of heavy', but old Black Sabbath -esque riffs are still 'the' heavy riffs for me. for me the best heavy riff [FONT=&quot]≠[/FONT]. . heaviest riff

older Amoral is sick stuff, I just never remember where are the good heavy riffs when most of their riffs are so kickass.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Bow down to the heaviness that is this song.

Also, downpicking for that long is painful to listen to.

Latest posts

')