Best interface for Axe Fx Ultra

• Thread starter subject aftermath
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

subject aftermath

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting an Axe Fx Ultra and as I understand I will need an interface to connect it to my computer.

What would be a suitable one, that also doesnt break the bank as the Axe is quite a big outlay for me?

Also, is it possible to connect the axe fx ultra to some monitors/headphones without the use of an external interface?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AustinxAtomic

Reaction score
Does the Axe FX not work as an audio interface?
I haven't looked into them much because of the price, but I would think you could hook it up to your computer the same way you would a POD.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Does the Axe FX not work as an audio interface?
I haven't looked into them much because of the price, but I would think you could hook it up to your computer the same way you would a POD.

Nope. The AxeFX Standard and Ultra need a separate interface. The AxeFX II is its own interface.

OP: If you want something inexpensive there's a bunch out there. I for one used to use a Line6 toneport UX1 when I borrowed my buddy's Ultra, before I got my AxeFX II.

Reaction score
I have used a few with mine and the Apogee one is still my favorite. You need a Mac though.

Shask

Reaction score
I recenlty got a Presonus 22VSL, and it has been working well with my Axe-FX Standard.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Does Axe FX do stereo XLR outs?

If price isn't a huge deal, then grab an RME Babyface. About $750.
Great pre's and AD/DA conversion for the money. (You get two - Perfect for tracking stereo verb/delay/chorus whatever)

flint757

Reaction score
I've got the Focusrite Saffire and I like it. Not too expensive either, something like $220ish.

subject aftermath

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys.

Second question: is it possible to just connect some headphones to the axe fx ultra and just play without an interface?

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
+1 for the focusrite. For around $220 it's perfect. The pre's are pretty great quality as well. Great all aroud interface and i use it with my ultra daily.

Latest posts

')