Best Lamb of God album to start with ?

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dwellingers

Reaction score
Just found love for these guys again and discovered that i haven´t really given resolution that many spins. Gotta get that record - and wrath to!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

McBonez

Banned
Reaction score
I'd go with Killadelphia, some tracks off of Wrath, and some tracks off of Resolution.

Reason being is they're still probably going to be in a bit of a "support resolution" kick, so you'll get to be pretty familiar with some of those tunes too.

Off of Wrath you're probably likely to hear In Your Words , Contractor, Broken Hands, Fake Messiah.. Just to name a couple :)

ENGLShred7

How Do I Djent?
Reaction score
All different, all good. Just pick one and you'll be happy. Work your way through the rest of the shit afterward and enjoy.

This. LoG is one of the most consistent bands out there. I've never been disappointed with any of their albums (though I will admit I've never been too enthusiastic about Sacrament)

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
See, even as a fan of the band, I often find randy's vocals pretty lame. On the first three albums they are pretty unintelligible, with ATPB being the perfect medium stage. Then you get to Ashes and he's like 'See who gives a ....!' and I sort of face palm... musically the album is solid though.

Then when it comes to Sacrament and beyond they have these totally stupid tracks like Redneck that aren't even good. Even though there are good tracks here and there they are littered with totally weak shit. Honestly, when I heard Redneck for the first time I was just like 'What the .... happened to this band.'

ATPB is 100% awesome, not a single bad moment or bad track on the entire album. Randy doesn't say anything embarrassing, or if he does at least it's not ultra-produced and crystal clear.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
As the Palaces Burn. Best LoG song ever and one of the best metal riffs ever is on it, but they havent' played it live last couple times I saw em.

One of my favorites as well :hbang:

They played it in Richmond the last time they came through. Some 6'4 dude in a Pantera shirt hit me so hard he knocked my contact out of my eye. I was too happy to give a shit and promptly returned fire :D

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Honestly, any of them. The production is obvious much better on the last four albums than on ATPB. I also think from a guitar playing perspective that although there are some cool guest solos on those early albums, the playing on the more recent stuff is much, much better.

Lamb of God is nothing if not consistent. They're probably one of the most consistent metal bands... uh, ever. All their albums are awesome. So personally, I'd say just start with Resolution and work backwards. Resolution is epic and awesome. Wrath is amazing. Sacrament is amazing. Ashes of the Wake is amazing. This isn't a band that puts out dull albums.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
As The Palaces Burn for sure. I started with that, then went back and checked out New American Gospel and their demo as Burn the Priest and holy shit is it just eh when compared to their later stuff.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
btw, did anyone else on SSO used to be on the old LOG board? I was on it (as Vilk) from '05 till we ran it into the ground (the band shut it down and opened The Congregation board for people who pay money for a special t shirt)

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Sacrament was the first album, and first music related thing I have ever bought. Sacrament , Ashes of the Wake, As the Palaces Burn, amazing albums and solid. Ashes might have very few that are slightly weaker but its still an amazing album. New American Gospel is the shit, just not as solid for a few songs as the other three I mentioned. Same with Grace. Resolution has some cool moments but overall I don't love it, but instead just like it.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I think all of their albums are awesome. IMO they were in their prime when they wrote "As The Palaces Burn" and "Ashes Of The Wake". "Ashes" being my favorite album. All their albums after that have some great songs on each though.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Sacrament for technicality, As the Palaces Burn for pure brutality.

All of their albums are pretty awesome, and all bring something different to the table. I ....ing LOVE LoG.

Reaction score
I think there are great songs on every album, but between Ashes and Sacrament is probably where you'll find the material that's most representative of them as a band.

edit: And for the record, I think "Wrath" is a great album. "In Your Words", "Set To Fail", "Fake Messiah", "Grace", "Broken Hands", "Reclamation", are all good songs and the bonus tracks aren't bad either.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
should have gotten Palaces bro. Especially if you like Meshuggah, Palaces is heavier, more technical, and more rhythm oriented than Ashes. The instrumental track on Ashes is pretty brilliant though.

Latest posts

')