Best metal songs to learn on sevenstring

• Thread starter Verbius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Verbius

Reaction score
wat up. I'm a noob on 7's. I've played guitar about 2 years not very consistently.

Does anyone know any good metal songs that would break me into playing on my seven string that will be here on friday? I love August Burns Red but their in drop C and I don't feel like complicating my life trying to work that tuning out. So just some beginner and intermediate suggestions would be cool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
check at you tube men .. chris broderick, stephan forte, jeff loomis, you can get the files for guitar pro or tuxguitar(i recommend id free) in ultimateguitar

i hope this helps..

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
Fear Factory, Dream Theater, some Cannibal Corpse, Unearth, some Trivium, Mushroomhead, Meshuggah.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Nevermore's always fun, My Acid Words has some awesome riffs in it to get goin' to. I always used to tune my 7 to C standard with extra high string (step up) and play In Flames and Dethklok stuff, so there's an option as well.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
OH! And anything by Mercenary is insanely fun to play. There aren't a lot of tabs out there, but a lot of the rhythm parts are pretty easy to figure out by ear if you take a couple minutes and play along with some of their songs. Redefine Me, Soul Decision, and Firesoul are insane :hbang:

troyguitar

Reaction score
I was trying to play Soul Decision the other day and found out that I have horrible rhythm chops.

I can't play that intro (it's just all B's) correctly to save my life.

I guess that's what happens when you only ever practice lead playing!

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I was trying to play Soul Decision the other day and found out that I have horrible rhythm chops.

I can't play that intro (it's just all B's) correctly to save my life.

I guess that's what happens when you only ever practice lead playing!

I'm the other way around currently, but I've been fixing that and my lead chops are just about there :lol: Keep at it though! Once you get it down you feel like a complete badass cuz those rhythms just CRUSH!

Reaction score
Nevermore's My Acid Words. Unearth's Crow Killer. Amon Amarth's Pursuit of Vikings (usually played in dropped B but 7 strings work too)...

')