Best method

• Thread starter maniac mikej
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maniac mikej

Reaction score
for covering a hole where a knob was. Let's just say refinishing is out of the question. I wanna see what kinds of creative, wacky, and innovative ideas you guys come up with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
bolt with no type of screw head. like the ones used on playgrounds or decks.

Demeyes

Reaction score
I remember seeing some rubber plugs that some people used. They fit right in the hole and they were black, the same as the guitar. The beauty of them was they were removable. I have no idea where it was that I saw the pics though, it was ages back.

Shredcow

Mangled Beef
Reaction score
I'd just install a switch that does... something. Phase, kill, parallel, split, on/off, high cut... Or to take the volume/tone pot out of the circuit - that way, you'd have a quick lead / rhythm tone.

As for the Rubber Plugs that Demeyes mentioned - that would be cool too, i've seen them on pedals. My concern would be that if the rubber was left on the guitar too long, it might mess up the finish... some chemical reaction.

Google for "wood plugs". I wanted to use that to plug up my guitar before. Here's a site: Wood Plugs | Buy from WidgetCo

')