Best Modern Heavy Metal Band?

• Thread starter Shakkyl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
Unto The Locust was a great album for what it was, not really on the same level as The Blackening, but the songwriting was remarkable.

And even though it's not quite as heavy as some of the others, my favorite MH album (.... that, probably favorite album ever) is Through The Ashes Of Empires. Just so powerful.

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Thanks to OP, just bought the new Revocation from iTunes!! Thanks!!!
this is why I love ss.org... always new stuffs to discover!!

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
While she sleeps maybe? Mastodon and Gojira but they're a bit old now, Periphery gets a spin every now and again.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
If modern is post-2000, then definitely Suicide Silence, Whitechapel and Chelsea Grin.

Their early releases are masterpieces in the genre. Although their more recent ones are either decent or just meh, I still listen to the early releases almost daily.

Igotsoul4u

Reaction score
Revocation isn't sticking for me. They obviously have chops but harmonically i don't find it to be all that interesting. Very neo-classical. I also dislike their mixes in general. The guitars are way too loud for me. At times the drums seem buried. flame on. I prefer what Gojira. Nile is pretty intense. Mastadon and Meshuggah are still tops for me.

Vinchester

Reaction score
never heard of Revocation before, so I youtubed.

This totally made my day :lol: Metal music videos do get better these days!

')