Best Modern Heavy Metal Band?

• Thread starter Shakkyl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WestOfSeven

Reaction score
Wow just listened to that Thy art is murder link.

Now I'm off to buy all they're cds :hbang:that was f***ing epic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck

Reaction score
If modern is post-2000, then definitely Suicide Silence, Whitechapel and Chelsea Grin.

Their early releases are masterpieces in the genre. Although their more recent ones are either decent or just meh, I still listen to the early releases almost daily.

Ugh...

Chuck

Reaction score
nothing ugh about those bands IMO

I really like Whitechapel and SS's most recent efforts. Whitechapel is pretty good across all their albums but SS(aside from The Black Crown) and CG are both pretty abysmal otherwise.

I mean I don't think any Deathcore band could possibly be the best modern metal band. I say listen to Death Metal instead. For instance the new Gorguts album is better than anything any of those 3 bands could ever do.

My real vote for the best modern metal band would have to be Opeth in all reality.

New Age Moron

Reaction score
Of the modern bands - bands to have emerged in the last 5 years - Periphery are #1 for me.

Hallski

Reaction score
Nothing from a metal standpoint has REALLY impressed me lately, but then I finally got into Gojira, and they're probably my favorite metal band right now, probably will be for a while.

Splenetic

Reaction score
Now that they're back, in full force, with a ....ing instant classic that just tramples all over everything in near sight, the answer is pretty damn easy.....

CARCASS.

Edit: I know some may consider them more of a classic band...but considering how many (good and bad) modern bands are not just majorly influenced by them, but at times downright rip them off riff by riff... I don't really feel the need to defend my choice beyond this little blurb. :D

')