BEST MODERN SHRED ALBUMS AND GUITARRIST

Imdeathcore

noob bear
Reaction score
Hey Guys! what are the best modern shreders albuns or guitarrist like marco sfogli,Kiko loureiro,Matts Huggen(circus maximus guitarrist),Michael Romeo,stephan forte(Adagio),simone Mularoni(DGM),Per Nilsson(Scar Symmetry),Andy James,Bulb/Periphery,Jef Loomis,Michael Keene(The faceless)Mark(Veil of maya),tom quayle an many more. recomended me some shred guitarrist or albums only modern not satriani,vai style. only modern shred plase.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
He has been around for a while, but Geroge Bellas' new album is very modern. He has been moving away from the straight up neo classical sound, to a more prog sound. Though, I always thought of him as more of a Neo-romantic style, seeing as how, if I remember right, he was influenced more by guys like Lizst and Chopin.

Other goodies include Santiago Dobles (Aghora), Shane Gibson (Korn and Defable), Andy James,

also, some old shrapnel guys that never got enough recognition are: Todd Duane, Robert Johnson, Derek Taylor, and Scott Stine. I love these guys. Robert Johnson lives up near Columbus I think. Scott Stine is playing still in a church, Todd Duane still plays, but Derek Taylor dropped off the earth :( He is my favorite. I have Crimeny's album, Eniac Requiem's album, and DT's Solo album, I love them all. I am going to pick up Stine's solo album some time soon. I have Electrocution 250 (Todd Duane), but not TD's solo album. These guys are from early 90's so it was towards the end of the era of shred, even thoug hthese guys were pushing ideas way beyond what they had been before. Crimeny is Shred + Seven string + Alice in Chains + prog. It is orgasmic.

Jasun Tipton is cool too. Just about anyone who plays a seven string and released a Chop from Hell vid.

Imdeathcore

noob bear
Reaction score
He has been around for a while, but Geroge Bellas' new album is very modern. He has been moving away from the straight up neo classical sound, to a more prog sound. Though, I always thought of him as more of a Neo-romantic style, seeing as how, if I remember right, he was influenced more by guys like Lizst and Chopin.

Other goodies include Santiago Dobles (Aghora), Shane Gibson (Korn and Defable), Andy James,

also, some old shrapnel guys that never got enough recognition are: Todd Duane, Robert Johnson, Derek Taylor, and Scott Stine. I love these guys. Robert Johnson lives up near Columbus I think. Scott Stine is playing still in a church, Todd Duane still plays, but Derek Taylor dropped off the earth :( He is my favorite. I have Crimeny's album, Eniac Requiem's album, and DT's Solo album, I love them all. I am going to pick up Stine's solo album some time soon. I have Electrocution 250 (Todd Duane), but not TD's solo album. These guys are from early 90's so it was towards the end of the era of shred, even thoug hthese guys were pushing ideas way beyond what they had been before. Crimeny is Shred + Seven string + Alice in Chains + prog. It is orgasmic.

Jasun Tipton is cool too. Just about anyone who plays a seven string and released a Chop from Hell vid.

Hoo! thank you very much! amazing players! i listen to your recommendations:):yesway:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was going say Bellas as well.

Also try Tom Hess and Mike Walsh from the Hess band if you like that style.

Derryl Gabel and Tim Miller are awesome if you like fusion.

Martin Goulding and Charlie Griffiths from Linear Sphere.

Stephan Forte from Adagio.

Tom McLean from To-mera.

Ron Jarzombek from Watchtower/Blotted Science.

Terry Syrek.

thebhef

King....of....Mountn
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Loudspeaker by Marty Friedman

Crime Slunk Scene by Buckethead is insane, as well.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Greg Howe
Tony MacAlpine
vinnie Moore
Yngwie
Michael Harris
Dave chastain
t.j. helmerich
Bret Garsed
Paul gilbert
Andy James
Marcel coenen
god there are so many these days

Last edited:

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
I was trying to keep with recent shredders, guys that have recebtly come out of the wood work, but a lot of these guys have also mentioned some odler guys that are also not as well known as they should be, like Garsed.

A lot of the 'underground' metal scenes have gotten more and more technical/shreddy, so keep looking for some of those too. use stuff like Last.fm to find simialr artists.

Nick1

Reaction score
I was going say Bellas as well.

Also try Tom Hess and Mike Walsh from the Hess band if you like that style.

Mikes a cool guy. I teach with him on Wed. The whole "Hess" thing is Toms thing and it hasnt gone anywhere as of late to the best of my knowledge. But Mike also has a female fronted band called Sage. And another band where he plays a double neck Dean (1 6er and 1 7) he hammers on the riffs on one neck and taps the melody on the other neck while singing the vocals thur a talk box. Its pretty cool to watch.
They usually do radio rock covers. Ive seen them a few times, always a good show.

')