"Best" Noise Supressor pedal

• Thread starter RockerAlex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RockerAlex

Reaction score
Okay ... yes I've used the search and everything I've read still hasn't brought me to a conclusion, too many different pedal names being dropped.

Not sure which one to pull the trigger on ... I really want the "best" one so I don't have to end up selling it on in a couple of months and buy something new.

Amp wise, I have a Bugera 6262 and Mesa 4x12 ... with gain I use I need something to get rid of that hiss but not suck/colour my tone or kill too much sustain.

I've read a lot about the NS-2 colouring too much, the MXR one being meh and the ISP Decimator being ridiculously good, but what do you guys think?

Also, FX Loop or before amp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
The best probably is the ISP, but I had the best success with an NS-2 before the OD and an MXR Smart Gate in the fx loop, before the mod, delay, and reverb.

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_150586_top.jpg

/thread.

chimpinatux

Reaction score
My NS2 works pretty well imo, havnt had a long term test with an isp beyond about 5 mins in a shop, but the difference doesnt seem that drastic tbh. ~The NS2 does the whole start/stop thing really well and tames feedback if thats good enough for you

RockerAlex

Reaction score
I didn't realize the G String one acted as if it was both in the FX Loop and before the amp ... that's ridiculously good and I'm sold.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I've NEVER had a single problem with any of the NS2's I've owned. Only sold them for quick cash, and always kicked myself in the ass right after.

The ISP is amazing, yes, but that shouldn't rule out the NS2. Cheaper and absolutely gets the job done.

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
I didn't realize the G String one acted as if it was both in the FX Loop and before the amp ... that's ridiculously good and I'm sold.
It doesn't run like that. It runs in the loop, and reads the signal to do so from the guitar. If you are looking to get rid of hum then the g-string will do that. I also happen to run a regular decimator after my OD808. If you are looking for both loop and front end and do not mind a rack (I do, hence why I have not done this) then go with the Deicmator ProRack G.

RockerAlex

Reaction score
Not sure I wanna go rack mounted effects just yet ... I'll stick with the G String pedal.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
MXR noise clamp seems pretty good and is way cheaper than the G string.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
The ISP Decimator is ridiculously good. :yesway:

I haven't used the MXR Noise Clamp, but over everything else I've tried, any of the ISP solutions are going to be worth the money, they just seem to work perfectly and exactly how you would want without any complaints for the most part. Just figure out where you need the noise reduction and buy the appropriate one.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
decimator is said to be sonically transparent and has 1 less knob, ns-2 has the decay knob and is said to color tone a bit at high levels

Both will kill your noise though, and you need to buy the much more expensive decimator to do what the ns2 can do for like 40$ used.

I went with the ns2 myself, its probably the only boss product that I'd use.