Best phrasing...your votes!

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What about Larry Carlton? Some of his stuff is a bit too 'happy-fusion' for my tastes, but his touch and tone and just impecable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
NEAL SCHON
CHRIS DEGARMO
JOHN COLTRANE
DAVID GILMORE
NEAL GERALDO
RICHIE BLACKMORE
RIK EMMETT
SCOTT HENDERSON
FRANK GAMBALE (WITH CHICK COREA)

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Everybody's entitled to their opinion... but if he didn't have an "ego to fulfill" he probably wouldn't be changing his image so often, including pumping such mad iron lately... IMHO anyway...

Gilmour is probably close to #1, with tons of cred. to guys like Santana and Eric Johnson....

I wouldn't call that ego. I'd call that caring about your own image, I mean everyone reinvents the person they atleast aspire to be regularly.

Ego wise I was more talking about Malmsteen, Mustaine style self-bummage.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, now that everybody's done jumping all over me I guess I need to apologize. I guess what I was saying is that with how much he changes his image, etc, he seems to ACT like he's concerned *even if it's in some small way* about his appearance and how he's recieved by others... that's all I was getting at. I have love for the JP, so don't get me wrong... I'm sure he's a probably as great a person, as he is a player.

Anyway, while I'm here I've gotta put in another vote for Reb Beach, and also Mark Knopfler

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Gilmour hands down, with George Lynch and Neil Zaza getting honorable mentions.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
No one said SRV, yet? Shit. That's my vote. Dude can bust it out and make you feel it in the gutty-wutts.

Latest posts

')