Best place in NYC to get my ax routed for a Floyd Rose 7?

• Thread starter sevenstringj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an ESP/LTD H-207 with a tunomatic. I had a stop tailpiece installed about year ago. Now I'd like an OFR 7.

It's an arch top but it looks like there's enough flat area for a recessed floyd. Any recommendations for a reliable shop in NYC to rout this thing? I had Rudy's install the stop tailpiece, and first time around they put it in crooked and off-center. I had them fill in the holes and redo it. Still not 100%, but good enough. So I'm not terribly enthused about taking it back there. Any others?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got 2 real good top notch guys here in Boston if you don't mind shipping it over here. PM me and let me know.

Reaction score
Does this have to be in Manhattan? If you're willing to make the trek out to Oceanside. I'd recommend Sal @ The Guitar Fix. He does great work.

Guitarfix.com

No address. I take it he works out of his house? (Don't get me wrong. My tech in Manhattan works out of his apartment. Unfortunately, he doesn't do routing.) I might hit him up. Looks like he does nice work.

Long Island's OK. As long as it's not way out in the Hamptons or something.

Anyone else recommend anyone in the 5 boroughs?

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
If you wanna take a trip outside the city try Imperial Guitar and Sound in Newburgh....every guy in there used to work at the steinberger factory / g&l, and are proffesional musicians who really know their shit.

When I lived in NYC I used to drive up there specificlly for the luthiers and knowledge and straight work quality.....I dont know if Shane still works there but he will set you up:)

Reaction score
Thanks all around! (BTW, how do you "thank" a post?)

First order of business is to plop in the BKP Nailbomb 7 that's on its way. Then I'll look into these shops.

')