Best practise for 7s

Loganator456

Reaction score
Hey guys, what do you think is the best metal band for really technical 7 string stuff? I'm mostly into death metal, but really any metal, except nu metal.(sorry) :dime: :imnew: I just want something really technical that will push what I can do with a 7 string guitar.:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D

Desecrated

take the early meshuggah songs and make death metal covers of them.

D

Desecrated

but transpose it down to B if you want to play it there. Transposing music is some of the most important things you can learn, take your favorite song and transpose it to ever key on as many strings as possible.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
but transpose it down to B if you want to play it there. Transposing music is some of the most important things you can learn, take your favorite song and transpose it to ever key on as many strings as possible.

True, could do that. I was just curious either way.

I use guitarpro for that type of stuff, real easy.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
You dont need anything new just because it has one extra string. Treat it like a guitar man, do what it is u do on a 6 string just be mindful of the extra one. If u want a suggestion as to what to jam along to i highly recommend Unearth. It's technical but it's soulful and groovy too. Good ol thrash, dont go over the top with Necrophagist n stuff, that's just being technical for the sake of it, it's not music.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
You dont need anything new just because it has one extra string. Treat it like a guitar man, do what it is u do on a 6 string just be mindful of the extra one. If u want a suggestion as to what to jam along to i highly recommend Unearth. It's technical but it's soulful and groovy too. Good ol thrash, dont go over the top with Necrophagist n stuff, that's just being technical for the sake of it, it's not music.

I'd strongly strongly disagree with that statement.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Divine Heresy stuff it's amazing, some old Meshuggah from the chaosphere or the destroy erase improve cd .

jamesboyd

Lord Boyd
Reaction score

uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................

Unearth (no offence fans) are a pathetic, pimpled, teenage grope compared to necrophagist..............and I know a thing or two about pathetic, pimpled, teenage groping :metal:

D

Desecrated

True, could do that. I was just curious either way.

I use guitarpro for that type of stuff, real easy.

hahahaha, I use guitarpro to sometimes, One of the best function of that program is that you can transpose it to mandolin/violin tuning also. I had a cannibal corpse period a couple of month back, resulting in me shredding CC on the mandolin, my wife was not happy :D

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
i suggest playing Lacuna Coil, Flaw (if you havent heard of them you fucking suck!) , Fear Factory, Trapt, Ra, Soilwork, DevilDriver.....i can keep going

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Lacuna Coil FTW! Those boys use their 7's to their true potential imo. :yesway:

')