Best pups for Epiphone Flying V

ruin

Can I get a B?
Reaction score
Fellow 7-stringers, I am trying to decide on the best pups for my Epiphone Flying V. My style is not so much shredder metal, but sort of ranges from Tool/Deftones level of heaviness to Yes and Led Zeppelin classic rock sounds.

So, I'm looking for a bridge pickup to give me the heavier tones and a neck pickup to give me more of a gritty classic rock tone.

If anyone can help me out I'd definitely appreciate it.

-ruin

I'm leaning towards the Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 in the bridge and the Seymour Duncan Jazz Model SH-2n in the bridge. Does anyone have a potentially better solution?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lee

Above
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe a '59 in the neck, but other than that, what you're already looking at is a great combo.

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
Bareknuckles dude. That's all I can say. The mule would work well. Black Dog would be awesome for zep tones but may not have enough balls for tool (well with the right amp it would. Cold Sweat is right gain levels but not necessarily the best tone for the job. Just give tim from bareknuckles a email and he'll hook you up nicely with what you need.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
You might also want to order through zimbloth, he is the local ss.org dealer :)

I was going to suggest a P-Rails...

Latest posts

')