Best speaker for a 6505+ 112 combo?

NotLukasz

Reaction score
Hi I'm planning in getting a peavey 6505+ 112 combo amp but most people tell me I should get different speakers for them as soon as possible. I was just wondering what people think would be the best choice of speaker for it. Btw in trying to get a good tone for metalcore/deathcore

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
If you don't have a noise gate yet I would consider that before upgrading the speaker. That is of course you can buy both at the same time.

But yeah Vintage 30, Eminence Governor or Swamp Thang seem to be the most popular replacements in the 6505+ 112 combos.

As far as noise gates I recommend the ISP Decimator.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I like less mid-dominant models for a 112 combo/cab.
So t100/t75, or for a little less scooped maybe a k100 or swampthang.

ambler3

Reaction score
A noise gate is definitely a good idea too, but really, for a single speaker and a used NS-2, shouldn't be too much. Even here in the UK where gear prices are more expensive that the US.

I should also mention with my 6505+ 112 (head and cab now, but same speaker box as it was as a combo) I replaced it with a V12, which for cleans is quite nice, much smoother.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
Lots of options! and all are probably great. G12K is best for a super tight tone.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
I ran a swamp thang in mine (16 ohm) for a little over a year. Night and day compared to the stock speaker in it, I just swapped that out though for a v30 though

')