Best Thrash Metal Pedal

• Thread starter reptillion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score
Boss DS-1 is where it's at haha. The only distortion pedal you will ever need.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I really digg the Moen Violent Metal!!
I had an active collection of distortion pedals n this came closest to what I liked.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
why the hell did you bump this?!?!?! :nono:

Xk6m6m5X

Reaction score
its deffinatly not all about gain...you need a good amp and proper eq'ing

anthoKnee

Reaction score
I am posting this in case someone else fancies to get a thrash metal sound out of an "inexpensive" amp.
I believe, that even a less than real quality amp can sound 93% better using the right pedal.
I've heard, that the Death Metal pedal can be used (with the proper settings) for an "excellent" thrash tone (even better for that, than the Death Metal tone it is intended for).
The Grunge pedal, is better for Metal than it is for Grunge!
People seem to only be waking up to this fact now.

Some people really do have to make do with what they can afford, though I really do not believe one should compromise when it comes to the musical instruments/amps one "has to have" or "knows one needs".
And to put things in perspective, the other day I heard a chap playing a Messa something or other (big silver face plate on the head with a lot of knobs) and it sounded "exactly" like Metallica!

DSilence

Reaction score
To be honest when I borrowed a mates Grunge pedal a long time ago I thought it was really good, didnt sound harsh & over the top. That was with a practice amp though.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay another bump to this thread for no reason at all. You made no point whatsoever.

DSilence

Reaction score
I did give an opinion on a distortion pedal which was the point of my post. but I didnt realise he had already bought one. Sorry bout that mate

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I did give an opinion on a distortion pedal which was the point of my post. but I didnt realise he had already bought one. Sorry bout that mate

It wasn't you I was referring to. You didn't ressurect the thread.

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
The Black 13 (the one that mimicks Anthrax's various tones) pedal is a pretty sweet little box. You're sure to find a useable tone out of that, and than some. I had luck with that in front of my little Fender combo.

I agree, I got one for $20 and used it with my old Laney until I got my mesa. It actually sounded pretty good as far as solid state amps and distortion pedals go, also lots of options with it.

edit I'm sorry I read the first few pages and didnt know it was an old when I posted

')