Best vibrato

• Thread starter Jongpil Yun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vibrato
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
... of any musician, ever.

I'd have to say Hillary Hahn's (violin) vibrato in my CD of "The Lark Ascending" is just jaw dropping. And man can the female opera singers accentuate a note.

Out of the guitarists I think Steve Vai's on FTLOG is awesome, even though I'm not too big of a Vai fan.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
hmm, that's a damn good question. Off the top of my head, Stevie Ray Vaughn. Really strong. Dont' know much about violinists, but Itzak probably has my favorite attack and vibrato. That crazy chick... Naja Sonnenberg has a good vibrato. Both those guys have a great attack and there's a lot of force behind their playing.

I would like to check out some Hillary Hahn, though. She's pretty hot, too.

artist_1380.jpg

*edit*

Dammit, re-reading your post I just remembered... Halford and Dickinson. How the hell could I forget them?? And Geoff Tate?!

BZM

Reaction score
Marty Friedman definitely. Malmsteen, even though he's a wanker, has amazing vibrato, and so does Vai. But... Friedman >

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1 for Friedman and Beck. Steve Lukather is a good'un too, at times he bends two full steps with virbato on top, egad...

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
Any particular songs by these guys to check out ?

For Friedman, if you don't have Megadeth's Rust in Peace, you're missing out, for his solo stuff, Dragon's Kiss, Music For Speeding, and (My personal fav) LOUDSPEAKER are good. Then there's also Cacaphony, but there's more shredding in those, so not as many bends (still awesome though).

D

Desecrated

Any particular songs from those album, I just want a quick example of how it sounds. Cause last time you got me to download marty's music it was just a bunch of happy songs :D

Brandon

Azlgaf
Reaction score
Paul Gilbert I think has some of the best vibrato. It's so wide and open and WEEEEAAAAAWOOOWWAAAA if you know what i mean. :D

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Any particular songs from those album, I just want a quick example of how it sounds. Cause last time you got me to download marty's music it was just a bunch of happy songs :D

MEGADETH will not be "a bunch of happy songs" :lol:

stubhead

Feral Buddha
Reaction score
I was going to say Gilbert, and (I guess this reveals my age) Steve Morse can do them ALL - wide, subtle, slow, fast, manic, serene etc. He and Gilbert use their fingers of course. I'm somewhat of a freak for classical violin, and Henryk Szeryng & Salvatore Accardo ring my bell. There's so many different families and concepts in classical violin vibrato it's a trip - since they're all playing the same pieces, they work really, really hard on that stuff.

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score

You don't like loudspeaker I take it :(. Anyway, try Lucretia, Tornado of Souls, actually, just go out and buy the fucking album (Rust in Peace). You wont be disappointed, trust me. I think some of the best examples of his vibrato are from his TV show though.

YouTube - Marty Friedman Rock Fujiyama About halfway through the clip, he plays a wide range of stuff.

')