Between the Lions new song! (The Human Abstract, Oh, Sleeper, Protest the Hero)

• Thread starter JoeyBTL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Yes, its the name of a puppet show. No, we didn't realize this when we came up with it.

That being said, we are a hardcore/metal/progressive? band from York, Pa (the question mark is because I'm not always exactly sure what genre to place us in haha). We just released a new song off our upcoming Ep that we are currently finishing up vocals on at Atrium Audio in Lancaster.

If you don't know of Atrium its run by Carson Slovak (Century, Prosthetic Records) and Grant McFarland (former drummer of This or the Apocalypse) and they are both producing our Ep and doing a fantastic job so far.

We aren't sure yet when we plan on releasing the Ep but it should be sometime in the early half of 2012. The reason we have this song already completed is because we made a music video for it about a month ago that we plan on putting out soon so keep a look out for that.

Its all being recorded through an Axe Fx Ultra with my Ibanez Rg3120 with the crunchlab/liquifire set.

Heres a little video I made with some footage of our small stint on the Rock Yourself to Sleep tour with We Came As Romans earlier this year.

Annnnd a small part from one of the songs we're currently doing.

Our Facebook, if you've got one give us a like:

https://www.facebook.com/betweenthelionsband

https://www.facebook.com/atriumaudio

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
instruments are neat,

i really dont find the vocalist interesting

Reaction score
This stuff sounds real good. The instrumentals are pretty solid. I've seen you guys live quite a few times, loved it.

I'm excited to hear the this EP as a whole :hbang:

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
This stuff sounds real good. The instrumentals are pretty solid. I've seen you guys live quite a few times, loved it.

I'm excited to hear the this EP as a whole :hbang:

Thanks! Im glad you liked us live. We're excited for everyone to hear the EP too, its got some great stuff. We like to think so anyway haha

Vheissu

Reaction score
Nice material dude. Really digging it. I can see what you mean by the Oh, Sleeper influence I can definitely here it. The track has a Son of The Morning feel to it with a little Norma Jean influence thrown somewhere in there too. Speaking of which, what did you think of Oh, Sleeper's new album?

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Damn man you guys are pretty sick. Looking forward to the EP. The leads are tasty as hell :shred:

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Nice material dude. Really digging it. I can see what you mean by the Oh, Sleeper influence I can definitely here it. The track has a Son of The Morning feel to it with a little Norma Jean influence thrown somewhere in there too. Speaking of which, what did you think of Oh, Sleeper's new album?

Thanks dude! I do like their new one, but can't say I do as much as Son of the Morning.

Damn man you guys are pretty sick. Looking forward to the EP. The leads are tasty as hell :shred:

:hbang:

')