Big Four live on Swedish television

• Thread starter revlover
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revlover

Reaction score
Hard to believe but the Swedish national television is broadcasting the whole big four set in Gothenburg live right now. Six hours of metal straight! Pretty good way of spending a lazy sunday afternoon in your couch. Slayer is up next. Broderick's sig Jackson looked awesome btw

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
Yeah those Jackson Soloist are... breathtaking.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Sounds awesome, I would love to see Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth on tv, no channel in the UK would bother to broadcast it though!

crg

Reaction score
the link in your post isnt working....... either that or your just teasing us :realmad:

Murmel

Reaction score
Watching Metallica right now, I've been in rehearsals since 6, it seems like I missed the other 3 bands.
Not that I care :lol:

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
Joey Beladonna is alive (even if it's barely)! :lol: Seemed Anthrax made a decent performance (anyone notice how both guitarists managed to lose a string within 5 minutes of each other lol)

Megadeth put in a shit performance, Mustaine both sounded and looked like a whiny poodle. Zero energy. Fun to see Broderick kill at guitar on TV though!

Slayer was good, the Exodus guitarist looked a tad funny but that aside it sounded decent to be Slayer live, great energy from Araya and killer set-list.

Metallica was a step above the others in both stage presence and sound though, Hetfield really showed who out of all the members of the four bands is the better artist imo. Lars can't play drums for shit though :lol:

Overall an ok show even without Jeff Hanemann and Scott Ian.

Murmel

Reaction score
^
I don't listen to Metallica, so I didn't really know a lot of stuff I got to know yesterday. Like that Hetfield is more awesome than the others and that Lars is terrible at drums :lol:
And is it just me, or was Kirk's Les Paul out of tune during that clean section in that one intro....? :ugh:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
...and North America gets The Glee Project and The Bachelorette. Pretty sad, man.

4952d1309703482-metal-europe-2457_1ee5.jpeg

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
^
I don't listen to Metallica, so I didn't really know a lot of stuff I got to know yesterday. Like that Hetfield is more awesome than the others and that Lars is terrible at drums :lol:
And is it just me, or was Kirk's Les Paul out of tune during that clean section in that one intro....? :ugh:

Oh yes, many a sour notes were shared :lol:

Personally I think Hetfield has carried Metallica alone as I don't give much for Kirk and Lars (Cliff was cool though and Jason was ok).

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I like Lars' style, he is generally tight and while he is not incredibly technical or arty with his drumming, he plays like he means it.

Was Pat O'brien from Cannibal Corpse playing guitar for Slayer again?

Schmeer

Riff .....istrator
Reaction score
I think Lars did a decent job yesterday, but it really bugs me that he can't do the bass drums during "One" properly. How about practicing a little, eh?

I think it was Gary Holt filling in for Hanneman and Andreas Kisser filling in for Scott Ian.

I'll check it tonight, since norwegian national tv is sending the recorded performances of Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax tonight \m/

')