Bigmuff deluxe and wah vs g3

• Thread starter dolecek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dolecek

Reaction score
Well I had myself set on a big muff deluxe a wah pedal to get. but then i discovered the zoom g3x ..... so which should i get? does the g3 clone the pedals and amps well? Which would you get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tuttermuts

Reaction score
Kinda depends what you wanna go for. I will say this though, if you are working your way up and towards the stage. Or you have that ambition. You'll probably wanna go with the pedals. Multifx are great for home jamming or a small rehearsal but once you get to the bigger stages and stuff you're probably going to steer away from multifx. Now theres probably going to be guys that will tell you the opposite for various reasons and they also have good points. So it kind of depends what your way of thinking is and what is important for you.

multifx pro:
-compact/lightweight
-affordable (most of the time)
-lots of options

multifx con:
-some of them are buggy/unreliable
-cheaper also means cheaper sound
-lots of options can also be too many

Pedals pro:
-sturdy/reliable (if one would give up halfway the setlist, you just turn that one off and keep going)
-tone (given you get the right one)
-you buy what you need, and nothing more

Pedals con:
-a bit more expensive
-you gotta make some kind of casing/pedalboard (it's fun though)
-sooooo many options and variants of everything it can be daunting to choose just one (and buying pedals is also kinda addictive)

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
^-- ignore anything he said about the stage because plenty of bands use multi fx on stage.

Never used the g3x but general considerations: muff tone will probably be adiquately covered if it does fuzz, but if you are wanting a specific wah for tone or such the zoom might not cover that ground. Conversely, the zoom will offer up a lot options like adding delay to your sound if you don't have other pedals yet.

dolecek

Reaction score
Just an update: I just ordered the Big Muff Deluxe. I watched many youtube videos and it sounds awesome. From what I heard it is so versatile, plus it has a built in noise gate.

Beavis83

Reaction score
Big Muff in general is a great pedal, I have little experience with multi-FX but some people swear by them. Best thing would be to try both setups and see what suits you more in terms of ease of use etc.

')