Bill Lawrence 7 string Pickup News

• Thread starter Cancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Hey Fellas here's sone info I picked up today while ordering my new L500XL-7.

A. According to Mrs.Lawrence (I forget her name, nice lady though), they primarily have L500L-7 and L500XL-7 in stock (no surprise here). Currently she is thinking about making more. I suggested that highly.

B. Price for the pickups were 64$ and some change, forgive for not remembering the exact price but the prices aren't listed on the website, and I made the order during my lunch 1/2 hour, which means an element of rushing was involved.

[Aside] What is with these mom and pop shops and their crappy websites, I can only imagine how much business they lose because of it[/aside].

C. Phone orders are Paypal only, they WILL NOT take a credit card number over the phone, fine if you have Paypal (which I do), possibly a pain if you do not. She suggested using Paypal to send an electronic check if you don't have Paypal.

D. At this point I'm pretty sure i forgot to add shipping, and I'm really starting to wonder if any running around will be involved to get that resolved. Stay tuned.

E. Oh, and this is important, when you place the Paypal order, the QUANTITY CANNOT BE CHANGED. So if you want to order two, you'll have to reflect it in the price, and write them a note. And yes it is 2006.

On the upside, I can't wait to get these pickups. Yes I will be posting clips. Stay Tuned for that too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet! I want one of the L-500XLs for my S7420. Thanks for the info.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Sweet! I want one of the L-500XLs for my S7420. Thanks for the info.

In tht combination of woods (Mahogany, rosewood, maple) that pickup should sound awesome. Please post pics if you do.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
hm i might pick up both kinds one of these days to give em a try, i thought the l-500xl sounded pretty sweet, as did the l-500

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
psyphre said:
Hey Fellas here's sone info I picked up today while ordering my new L500XL-7.

A. According to Mrs.Lawrence (I forget her name, nice lady though), they primarily have L500L-7 and L500XL-7 in stock (no surprise here). Currently she is thinking about making more. I suggested that highly.

B. Price for the pickups were 64$ and some change, forgive for not remembering the exact price but the prices aren't listed on the website, and I made the order during my lunch 1/2 hour, which means an element of rushing was involved.

[Aside] What is with these mom and pop shops and their crappy websites, I can only imagine how much business they lose because of it[/aside].

C. Phone orders are Paypal only, they WILL NOT take a credit card number over the phone, fine if you have Paypal (which I do), possibly a pain if you do not. She suggested using Paypal to send an electronic check if you don't have Paypal.

D. At this point I'm pretty sure i forgot to add shipping, and I'm really starting to wonder if any running around will be involved to get that resolved. Stay tuned.

E. Oh, and this is important, when you place the Paypal order, the QUANTITY CANNOT BE CHANGED. So if you want to order two, you'll have to reflect it in the price, and write them a note. And yes it is 2006.

On the upside, I can't wait to get these pickups. Yes I will be posting clips. Stay Tuned for that too.

Bill makes his own pups, and his wife helps on the business side of things, that's probably why their website isn't the greatest, still they are nice people and he makes great pups...perhaps they are content with the amount of business they are doing!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmm...this adds to my quandry of pickup selection for my H207...

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Bill makes his own pups, and his wife helps on the business side of things, that's probably why their website isn't the greatest, still they are nice people and he makes great pups...perhaps they are content with the amount of business they are doing!

I don't doubt that they are nice people. Nancy (i think her name was Nancy) was extremely nice and pleasant, but in all total a transaction to buy 2 pickups took 20 minutes, 2 of which were spend of the phone GETTING A PRICE. That, and since she couldn't/wouldn't take my CC over the phone, I still had to go the website, enter in the price (which I actually forgot at that point so I rounded up), send them note indicating that I wanted 2 pickups (since their was no way to enter a quantity), and then had to go back later and Paypal more money because I forgot the shipping, and was a little worried that I wouldn't get a call or an email saying "Hey, you forgot to send the shipping, please do so before we ship".

This is horribly inefficient in this day and age.

I swear sometimes I just want to go to Lawrences and Bartolinis of the world, offer to redo their websites in exchange for like product or something.

Again...I'm not bitching, I'm just wondering, realistically, how much business they lose due to potential confusion.

Someone needs to develop a onsite place for mom and pops to easily create webstores, kinda like myspace crossed with amazon's checkout pages....hey look...a million dollar idea ...for free.

stitch216 said:
$64?! Are you kidding? Thats fucking awesome!

64 and some change, and I think shipping was in the single digits too, but don't quote me.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
psyphre said:
I don't doubt that they are nice people. Nancy (i think her name was Nancy) was extremely nice and pleasant, but in all total a transaction to buy 2 pickups took 20 minutes, 2 of which were spend of the phone GETTING A PRICE. That, and since she couldn't/wouldn't take my CC over the phone, I still had to go the website, enter in the price (which I actually forgot at that point so I rounded up), send them note indicating that I wanted 2 pickups (since their was no way to enter a quantity), and then had to go back later and Paypal more money because I forgot the shipping, and was a little worried that I wouldn't get a call or an email saying "Hey, you forgot to send the shipping, please do so before we ship".

This is horribly inefficient in this day and age.

I swear sometimes I just want to go to Lawrences and Bartolinis of the world, offer to redo their websites in exchange for like product or something.

Again...I'm not bitching, I'm just wondering, realistically, how much business they lose due to potential confusion.

Someone needs to develop a onsite place for mom and pops to easily create webstores, kinda like myspace crossed with amazon's checkout pages....hey look...a million dollar idea ...for free.

64 and some change, and I think shipping was in the single digits too, but don't quote me.

Why not try and barter...redo their website for some new pups...now there's a thought...I would but I know SHIT about web design, then again, I know SHIT about almost everything!

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Why not try and barter...redo their website for some new pups...now there's a thought...I would but I know SHIT about web design, then again, I know SHIT about almost everything!

Didn't someone here do that for LGM? I would actually love to do it, but I'd need a promise for like a case of L500xl-7's

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
if you think the way things are done are so bad, why don't you redo it for them?

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
if you think the way things are done are so bad, why don't you redo it for them?

Don't tempt me, I could definitely do something the quality of say, Dimarzio's site (since it Flash based) but that an investment in time I wouldn't want to commit to unless I was sure we could reach something mutually beneficial. I've done that kinda thing before, and invested a huge amount of time for nothing but resume fodder so.....

But yeah, anytime I visit either Lawrence's or Bartolini's site, I think about apprcoahing them.

j7899

Reaction score
Bills wife's name is Becky, you might have talked with her daughter Shannon. They are all very helpfull.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
psyphre said:
Been there, done that. Didn't work out. :rolleyes:

If you can negotiate a barter deal where the value of your services is truly compensated in kind, then it can work pretty well. But don't do it without a written agreement or contract stating exactly what the expectations and deliverables are on both sides of the deal.

Giving away your services benefits no one.

On another note, $64 for a hand-made pickup from a legend like Bill Lawrence is a steal. I might just have to pick up a set of those just for the hell of it.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
darren said:
On another note, $64 for a hand-made pickup from a legend like Bill Lawrence is a steal. I might just have to pick up a set of those just for the hell of it.

Yeah, crap website or no, you can't beat that price with a stick. And they do make more money per pickup (no middleman) so that makes me happy.

')