Bill Nye Booed in Waco for pointing out Moon reflects the Sun

• Thread starter Samer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Primitive people.. :noplease: I think that sort of religiousness is losing its grasp on today's society anyway. Less and less people are believing it, and pretty soon, it'll be looked at as something from the past.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lee

Above
Contributor
Reaction score
Primitive people.. :noplease: I think that sort of religiousness is losing its grasp on today's society anyway. Less and less people are believing it, and pretty soon, it'll be looked at as something from the past.

I dunno Ryan, they still seem pretty prevalent around here. Especially up towards Mooresville and such.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score

maybe that's why it "appears" to be so skewed these days? because more and more 'more-or-less average' people are moving away from the nutbars, who's percentage per congregation is going up?

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Preachers now know how to polarize their congregations as well as ever and nothing else gets to the children. Get them young and they're not going anywhere.

Jeff

Ryan

Reaction score
I read in Time magazine that the percentage of churches going bankrupt is at an all-time high..

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I read in Time magazine that the percentage of churches going bankrupt is at an all-time high..

Well I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the Catholic Church's recent losses because of the sexual abuse cases that accumulated over several decades.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Preachers now know how to polarize their congregations as well as ever and nothing else gets to the children. Get them young and they're not going anywhere.

This is the biggest understatement of the thread. In took me three years to wake my future mother-in-law up to the absolutely abysmal job Bush is doing. Why? Because her pastor kept telling the congregation that he was a good Christian man, fighting to keep our country safe, babies alive, and gays from marrying. :wallbash:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought it was so appropriate that most churches push the whole view of Pastor=Sheppard and Congregation=Sheep so hard.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anybody notice that this happened in Waco, Texas and laugh? ...We're comin ta git you Mr. Koresh!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
For a second I thought you were referring to the band Waco Jesus :lol:

Nomad

Reaction score
Yes, people act strangely and some are not open to anything new that might cause them to think. Big suprise...

:rolleyes:

Thomas

Stranger
Reaction score
It appears the horse is dead already, but... I hear about religious stupidity so often nothing is surprising anymore, but this is just shocking. Does she believe the earth is flat, too?

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
any religion that doesn't accept science is blind. also, i feel that any scientific movement without a moral compass is also blind.

i don't really think it's a problem of religion, but rather of the public education system. why these folks didn't learn this stuff in the 4th grade is beyond me.
I bet they probably did learn this stuff, for about a half day...small areas, small school systems, as a teacher you receive alot of pressure to teach what the school board wants you to teach, so I'm told. I mean, a few days of glossed over science vs. twice weekly bombardment of bible studies? science FTL on that one.

Jeff
Christianity + Big Tobacco would= world dominating force
This is the biggest understatement of the thread. In took me three years to wake my future mother-in-law up to the absolutely abysmal job Bush is doing. Why? Because her pastor kept telling the congregation that he was a good Christian man, fighting to keep our country safe, babies alive, and gays from marrying. :wallbash:
My soon to be sister in law is so wrapped up in her new church life (some offshoot of the baptist church) that she was actually bold enough to tell her parents that they are heathens and that they are going to burn because they are not saved in the eyes of her church. These are some of the nicest, hardest working people I've ever met, and they're church-going folk to boot. Fucking borderline cult causing problems in my soon-to-be family in laws.
I always thought it was so appropriate that most churches push the whole view of Pastor=Sheppard and Congregation=Sheep so hard.
Anybody remember the south park where cartman becomes a Xian singer?

"get on your knees, and start pleasin' Jesus" :lol: :bowdown: :agreed: :bj:
It appears the horse is dead already, but... I hear about religious stupidity so often nothing is surprising anymore, but this is just shocking. Does she believe the earth is flat, too?

I said almost the same thing when I read the article...makes me wonder if heaven is full of close-minded stupid people?

Thomas

Stranger
Reaction score
My soon to be sister in law is so wrapped up in her new church life (some offshoot of the baptist church) that she was actually bold enough to tell her parents that they are heathens and that they are going to burn because they are not saved in the eyes of her church. These are some of the nicest, hardest working people I've ever met, and they're church-going folk to boot. Fucking borderline cult causing problems in my soon-to-be family in laws.
That is just sad. :noplease:

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
i don't really think it's a problem of religion, but rather of the public education system. why these folks didn't learn this stuff in the 4th grade is beyond me.

Seeing as how these people are pushed by fear of science to homeschool their children there's no way a good public school system *would* get to them. Although I dislike that 'homeschooled' now means 'fundamentalist loon with not even a rudimentary understanding of science', these people are, sadly enough, beyond salvation at this point and the public school system is better off without the hordes who attack real science in the name of superstition.

Jeff

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going home school my children when I get my mail order bride, then I'm going to brain wash them into worshipping 80's hair metal bands as deity's, and anyone with short hair and doesn't wear make up and use 10 gallons of hair spray a day are heathens, then set them loose upon the world when they're 18 and sit back and laugh.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I'm going home school my children when I get my mail order bride, then I'm going to brain wash them into worshipping 80's hair metal bands as deity's, and anyone with short hair and doesn't wear make up and use 10 gallons of hair spray a day are heathens, then set them loose upon the world when they're 18 and sit back and laugh.

Laugh at us laughing at their incredibly dated and misguided cheesiness?

That's kinda cruel man.

')