Bioshock Infinite

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Burial at Sea Pt1 is out,finished it.

It's good (although short) ,but don't expect Bioshock 4:Return to Rapture .The DLC is a storyline that fits into the Infinite universe and gameplay.Possibly the best thing they could come up with under the game's main theme.

It leaves you longing for something different that what is presented,mostly because in bioshock 1&2 you're a silent protagonist,so you feel you can be whatever you want to be (kind of like gordon freeman).This sentiment is strongly amplified by the "laissez-faire" mindset of Rapture from its birth.I believe that although I wanted a return to Rapture,the choice of this city I've bonded with for 2 whole games ,isn't ideal under the infinite arc.Rapture's potential has been already proven and hasn't been matched,at least not with the first burial at sea part.Part 2 seems promising though and might fix that last part,judging from the promotional picture of Elizabeth holding a little sister.

Rapture is an eye-candy,although the aesthetics confuse me cause that's the third visualization of Rapture so far.I played bioshock 2 and infinite+burial at sea pt1 on the same gen console (ps3),that's why I say that.At parts it falsely seems to me like a reskin of Columbia,but I think that happens only because they are made in the same bioshock infinite engine,share the same lightning effects ,dimensional proportions etc(compare half life 2 and tf2 if you don't believe me that the latter is important).The amount of work they put shows though,as they had to rebuild rapture from scratch in the infinite engine.Rapture looks at its best,actually.

Gameplay isn't vastly different."New" plasmid is the freezing one,and one new weapon that is cool but you don't get the chance to use it much.You can carry more than 1 weapon at once (horray!),and stealth is more rewarded as ammo is more scarce than the main game (you have more weapons though so it balances).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')