Bioshock Infinite

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm at the part with a certain lady, an man, she's being a giant cunt right now

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Just beat it. My fucking brain.

Yep, my brain felt good and fucked when I finished. It was such a good fucking that I had to reload my last save just make sure i hadn't passed out while playing and dreamed it all up.:cool:

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
Yep, my brain felt good and fucked when I finished. It was such a good fucking that I had to reload my last save just make sure i hadn't passed out while playing and dreamed it all up.:cool:

Yup, it's totally fucked. I'm going to make sandwiches with garlic bread.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Only just got around to playing and completing this. It's been a while since I played the last two so it's hard to say whether it was better, but I definitely thought the characters were better. Elizabeth is one of the better companions I've had in a game. Very emotive, but not useless. She actually helps you whenyou need it.

The ending confused the shit out of me, and I had to read up on it to clarify things but I understand now. Depressing, but clever.

Judge_Dredd

Reaction score
Still have to finish the first bioshock. But this looks amazing! Do I need to play the second to fully understand this one?

Mexi

Reaction score
not at all, the story is completely new, as are the characters.. In fact, most people tend to write off Bioshock 2 as being inherently inferior to the the first and Infinite.

pink freud

Reaction score
I couldn't even play B2, because of whatever protection shit Microsoft implemented with it. If I buy a game off Steam it should work without me having to create some account on a completely different website (as long as it isn't an MMO of course).

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
I loved Bioshock 2. Thought it was a great sequel. :shrug:

agreed. What was wrong with bioshock 2?! It did everything the first one did, you just play a bit differently because you're a big daddy lol Bioshock 2 got nothing but praise from what i read/heard...i must be out of the loop here lol

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I currently rate them: BioShock Infinite, BioShock, BioShock 2. The latter just felt like an add-on with no new ideas. It wasn't exciting in any way and it couldn't on it's best day stand shoulder to shoulder with the original. Most of Infinite I've thought BioShock was still king but I'm now at a stage where I think this is the best installment in the series and I'll wait to pass judgement until I've given it a second pmaythrough. Irrational Games > *

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I currently rate them: BioShock Infinite, BioShock, BioShock 2. The latter just felt like an add-on with no new ideas. It wasn't exciting in any way and it couldn't on it's best day stand shoulder to shoulder with the original. Most of Infinite I've thought BioShock was still king but I'm now at a stage where I think this is the best installment in the series and I'll wait to pass judgement until I've given it a second pmaythrough. Irrational Games > *

:agreed: on all points. Infinite is just an utterly amazing experience.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Bump

Tomorrow is the release date of the second DLC (included in the season pass) titled "Burial at Sea Pt1" .Yes it's in Rapture and my pants are wet :)

I didn't have much luck with the first DLC ("Clash in The Clouds"),as I bought the game used and purchased the Season Pass afterwards.There is a bug where when you've done that the DLC doesn't show up,and you must install the (free) Early Bird add-on pack in order for it to work,but this (official,mind you) "fix" didn't work in my case.

ayaotd

Reaction score
Clash in the Cloud was just like challenges right? Also... Ending discussion in my spoiler tag.

I never got around to post this on here. Did you guys interpret the ending as her drowning him eliminating the possibilities of her having powers and such? That was the only thing that bummed me out about the game. You work hard towards this ending that completely eliminates the game world/awesome character you spent the game with. However, I suppose you are setting her free and giving her a chance to live a normal life?

RCB

Reaction score
Finished the game about a week ago...then proceeded to play it again.

All I can say is, work...of...f*cking...art! Better than movies.

As far as the ending, it was kind of a downer but the post credit scene was touching (depending on one's perspective). I can't wait to see where they go with the Burial At Sea DLC. I wonder how deep (if at all) they'll go into the 'multi-verse'. It would also be cool if they delve into what happened to the "main" Elizabeth.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Finished the game about a week ago...then proceeded to play it again.

All I can say is, work...of...f*cking...art! Better than movies.

As far as the ending, it was kind of a downer but the post credit scene was touching (depending on one's perspective). I can't wait to see where they go with the Burial At Sea DLC. I wonder how deep (if at all) they'll go into the 'multi-verse'. It would also be cool if they delve into what happened to the "main" Elizabeth.

See, the things that's weird is that the post-credit scene renders the rest irrelevant because either choice he makes, Booker should end up dying so what's the point of it? Either he becomes Comstock or he remains himself and takes down Comstock, steals Elizabeth back and she kills him.

Not to mention, if all that happens, since Elizabeth is his daughter, that means if Booker dies then she never lives so how could they possible continue using her if she ceases to exist?

RCB

Reaction score
See, the things that's weird is that the post-credit scene renders the rest irrelevant because either choice he makes, Booker should end up dying so what's the point of it? Either he becomes Comstock or he remains himself and takes down Comstock, steals Elizabeth back and she kills him.

Not to mention, if all that happens, since Elizabeth is his daughter, that means if Booker dies then she never lives so how could they possible continue using her if she ceases to exist?

I get what your saying. The whole thing is reminiscent (a little anyway) of Nietzsche's 'Eternal Return' the more I think about it. And yes, the post credit scene is more dramatic rather than logical (when thinking of the 'what if' that they imply).

I guess I'm just one of those cats that likes the 'what if' scenario.

Thanks for ruining the moment with your "logic" and "book learnin'". I'm going back to Imagination Land.

Imm--A--Gi-NAAaaa-tiooon.

:)

')