Bittersweet NGD (not 56k friendly)

• Thread starter AfroSamurai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
So you basically have to order online for anything non-standard? That's embarrassing. But about the not liking it bit, isn't that the same for anything else you buy without trying first?

No. If it's not standard, do not order it from Carvin as the chances you'll get screwed are far too high.

The bit about not liking it is due to Carvin's very highly variable, and heavily trending to poor, quality control; not taste.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AfroSamurai

Reaction score
So a little update. They just won't do a rebuild, so we talk about the possibility of me paying a re-stocking fee and get the rest of my money back..... I guess I'll lose less than if I try to sell it by myself. We still need to run this through one of the owners, but he's out of town and he'll be back on Thursday.

For now I'll just say the Carvin customer service fucking blows...I still can't understand why they won't admit hey screwed up and just go for the rebuild.

Anyways, thanks for the support guys!

I didn't know that so many of you already experienced this with Carvin. I guess the word isn't so spread out.

@illimmigrant Enjoy the game! I'm not a big football fan, but I've been there and the stadium and the experience it's great.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I've had nothing but good relations with Carvin over the years :2: BUT I think I must have been lucky to say the least. I've owned more Carvin's than any other type of guitar but I suppose in retrospect I haven't ordered anything that could be considered unusual.....everything has been a known quantity.

+ 1 on the Carvin BBS. Locking threads that contain uncomfortable observations FTL.

I hope the next step turns out better for you.

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
that's at least the 2nd carvin that's been fucked up with dot inlays that were not ordered. DO these guys just choose not to read the whole spec sheet? Maybe they get a printoff and when you don't order inlays (no inlays) it's just left blank, then they derp and default to dots...

Hell of a way to ruin a $1000+ guitar. Anyways, don't take no for an answer, it was ordered to your custom spec and i'm sure if you bitch hard enough you could get them to cover the cost of shipping on top of building a new guitar. Waiting sucks, But i would make them cover every last penny with the exception of initial shipping charges.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I literally salivated when I saw that top... That shit looks delicious.

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
I guess my only question is...

Does anyone really still use a 56k modem for internet?

:lol:

AfroSamurai

Reaction score
Well, after tons of mails and phone calls they agreed to do a rebuild, though I had to pay a restocking fee (due to the several weird requests).

Anyway, my advice for all people asking for non-returnable options, make sure they send you a copy of your order before actually submitting it. That will save you trouble later on if they screw up.

TimmaethBoy

Boi I tell you phwut
Reaction score
Well, after tons of mails and phone calls they agreed to do a rebuild, though I had to pay a restocking fee (due to the several weird requests).

Anyway, my advice for all people asking for non-returnable options, make sure they send you a copy of your order before actually submitting it. That will save you trouble later on if they screw up.

Well despite having to pay a restocking fee (kind of f'd up since it was their screw up), glad to hear that you got it resolved (expecting a NGD thread about 2 months from now:cool:)

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score

I hope the restocking fee was minimal

...and if you are asking them to basically rebuild what you originally ordered, I don't think "weird requests" is accurate - they should have built it that way in the first place.

hope your wait isn't too long

AfroSamurai

Reaction score
I think the restocking fee was fair, still sucks to pay for something you didn't screw.

Since I'm not supplying my own wood I changed the specs...a lot. Hopefully I'll receive a kick-ass guitar. I'll do an appropriate ngd when the time comes :hbang:

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
I love it, and these dots are not bothering me that much, but at the end it's your choice, definitely return it!

Die Super

Banned
Reaction score
I like the unpainted wooden guitar concept, to bad they put dots all over it:(

Latest posts

')