Bjorn Gelotte Signature Model is coming...

• Thread starter Blood Tempest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully when the day comes that I'm able to throw some cash at a guitar like this, they will be easily found :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chiba666

Reaction score
I am pretty sure they were EU only, never knew there was an Ltd version which is a shame.

I tihnk it was around the CC album cycle as I'm sure in the title track he plays it. Then he went back to GIbson and is now with cort.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
We have pics!

P_BjornGelotte1.jpg

P_BjornGelotte6.jpg

BTW on the subject of the Jesper Stromblad sig it was available as a European ESP model only and that LTD version is just a prototype.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
I love Bjorn, but that has to be the most stock "signature" model ever. The only reason to buy this over another Epiphone is the fact that Bjorn's name is attached to it, and it has the Jesterhead inlay on the headstock?

Booooooring. Very pointless IMO. If you have no desire to already purchase an Epiphone, than I have no clue why anyone would be interested in this. At all. :2c:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see specs before I jump to conclusions. I'm wondering if it has different woods, scale length, or if it has chambering?

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Well, I called it. Spot-on the money CALLED IT! :metal:

I've got some gold Grover locking tuners on hand. ;)

The knobs look a little different compared to the regular black speed knobs. These appear to be the speed knob design but with the top-hat knob shape.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I still can't tell whether or not that's a flat top. If it is, the complaints about it being "stock" go right out the window. If it isn't... Then yeah, just put some EMGs in an Epi LPC and call it a day :lol:.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Is the fretboard ebony?

Actually looks like it, to me. :scratch:

I wasn't arguing with you at all ? I was just 100% convinced there was never an LTD. Thank you for providing pics, i guess these were EU only as well :)?

:agreed: You're both right.

There was an LTD model, but the only one ever made is a proto that was never released. :lol:

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Is that just the picture not really showing it or is that a flat top? (would be weird considering the pickguard but still

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Yup I think it is a flat top. Not that easy to say without reflections, but the area outlined by the pickguard reflect seems flat.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like an ebony fretboard and a flat top to me as well. Definitely makes this a good bit different from your standard Epi LPC.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Is it just me or do the top and back almost look matte?

The top looks flat but it has a raised pick guard :scratch:

Makes me think it's carved matte black top, and the matte finish is making it appear flat :agreed:

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
if that's a set of 57/66's, then it might be worth it for the right price. Bland or not, it's gonna slay.

Latest posts

')