Bjorn Gelotte Signature Model is coming...

• Thread starter Blood Tempest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chiba666

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, There is only 1 other LP style guitar I would want and that is Esa's from Amorphis. ESP import from Japan, just ahrd ot get and expensive.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Bump. It's officially going to be unveiled at MusikMesse.

Epiphone Previews Björn Gelotte Les Paul at Musikmesse 2015

It's definitely an archtop, not a flat-top.

The things he seems to have changed are the pickups (EMGs), fretboard (Ebony), and the neck profile ('59 profile, instead of the SlimTaper).

N_041515A3.jpg

N_041515A4.jpg

N_041515A5.jpg

N_041515A6.jpg

N_041515A7.jpg

N_041515A8.jpg

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a big Epi fan, but that thing looks pretty sweet.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
While definately classy, it looks a bit underwhelming IMO. But hey, it's his signature so good for him.

mr coffee

Reaction score
I like the aesthetic more than most Pauls - I never did get the whole awful cream color plastic, gold knobs with chrome hardware, blah blah blah...this actually looks somewhat put together and deliberate, clean and classy.

-m

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I like the aesthetic more than most Pauls - I never did get the whole awful cream color plastic, gold knobs with chrome hardware, blah blah blah...this actually looks somewhat put together and deliberate, clean and classy.

-m

The Les Paul Custom has been available since... forever.

Tastes vary, but I love the looks of Les Paul Standards. :shrug:

primitiverebelworld

Reaction score
I dig In Flames too and play a lot of their earlier stuff for fun. It will not take long before I finish the whole Clayman album :). But please excuse my ignorance about LP guitars: HOW the fheck would I play a lot of their solos including December Flower, Another Day In Quicksand, Suburban Me with no fret access...Sure I know that a lot of the early stuff has been recorded with different types of floyded guitars BUT I just want to get into the vibe sometimes and use some LP for the style and feeling. Has anybody felt like this too? Only production LP that looks playable in upper registers is Matt Heafy sig maybe.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
yay for an ebony fretboard.. interesting how gibson customs have richlite but these will come with an ebony

Chiba666

Reaction score
Well the preorders are up and I think I will preorder one the coming week. Been looking in les paul style guitars and had got it down to the LTD EC but I don't want a 24 fret neck on 24 3/4 neck. So it was either the LTD AS-600 or this and this one is cheaper with a good set of features.

Rolanthas

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Andertons in UK gives the date as 15 June. Could be a placeholder of course.

Jujex

Reaction score
I guess it comes with a switch that instantly harmonises your melodies with 3rds.

Lrrrr

Reaction score
I dig In Flames too and play a lot of their earlier stuff for fun. It will not take long before I finish the whole Clayman album :). But please excuse my ignorance about LP guitars: HOW the fheck would I play a lot of their solos including December Flower, Another Day In Quicksand, Suburban Me with no fret access...Sure I know that a lot of the early stuff has been recorded with different types of floyded guitars BUT I just want to get into the vibe sometimes and use some LP for the style and feeling. Has anybody felt like this too? Only production LP that looks playable in upper registers is Matt Heafy sig maybe.

I learned this album on a Standard LP as well. I remember Suburban Me being difficult but not impossible due to the fret access (the fast licks happen between 12-19 if I remember correctly). Also, they've had session players solo on their early records, Suburban Me being one (forum hearsay, I've never followed up on that assertion), so I'd assume a larger scale guitar was used from time to time. Imo if you can't pull it off comfortably with a LP I'd just fake it and improv a little. I developed so many bad habits trying to play high up on the fretboard with guitars that had no business being played like that.

MulletRide

Reaction score
Thread bump.

I want to buy this guitar, but i'm worried about the 59 rounded neck profile. How thick it is compared to regular slim Epi necks? I can't try before buy since i have to order.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I learned this album on a Standard LP as well. I remember Suburban Me being difficult but not impossible due to the fret access (the fast licks happen between 12-19 if I remember correctly). Also, they've had session players solo on their early records, Suburban Me being one (forum hearsay, I've never followed up on that assertion), so I'd assume a larger scale guitar was used from time to time. Imo if you can't pull it off comfortably with a LP I'd just fake it and improv a little. I developed so many bad habits trying to play high up on the fretboard with guitars that had no business being played like that.
Remember that the band played ESP/LTD guitars up up until the Reroute to Remain era if I recall correctly. At some point near that time, there was the switch from ESP to Gibson by Bjorn and Jesper.

As far as session players, I don't remember much of that aside from the keyboardist they had on The Jester Race and whomever did the synths/programming on every album after that. The band did have a different guitarist in their early years before Bjorn stepped away from the drumkit and into the guitarist spotlight. Also, recall that "Suburban Me" features Chris Amott doing the guitar solo.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Also, they've had session players solo on their early records, Suburban Me being one (forum hearsay, I've never followed up on that assertion).

The solo in "Suburban Me" (the long lead, not the intro lead) was played by Chris Amott. In addition to that song, the ones I can remember having guest solos are "December Flower" (seriously one of the best solos ever recorded), "Goliaths Disarm Their Davids", and "Coerced Coexistence".

')