BKP in JP6, will it fit?

• Thread starter taliababa
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

taliababa

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a calibrated set of Aftermaths for my JP6. Will the cover set fit without needing widening? What about the uncovered set? I've read that I might need to order with a triangular shaped mounting feet.

Has anyone had any experience with BKP's in a JP that can share their thoughts about the sound vs the stock pickups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Im getting my blackhawks moved from my jp70 to my jp7 right now. The blackhawks fit fine in my jp70. I know covered pickups sometimes dont fit. I know uncovered ones do. Just have to order short legs. I know some people have had to sand where the pickup rest on the body because the pickup itself was too high.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
FYI the JP6 has a wider pickup cavity so you will have less problems. You will def need triangular shaped feet. As for the covered pickups you may or may not have to sand them down.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Covered BKPs just barely did not fit in my JP - the covers were too square at the edges. Uncovered ones fit fine...although a newer set of uncovered ones needed sanding on the feet to fit. Maybe it was just an extreme end of the standard deviation in part size, but it came as a bit of a surprise. You'll need the triangle feet for sure, of course.

ihunda

Reaction score
Yeah blackhawks fit because they are the same size as uncovered pickups but covered BKP will not find without enlarging the cavity corners.
I did that on a RGA121 with sandpaper but I won't risk it on a JP :)

')