BKP Juggernaut: anyone think it sounds a little tubby and dull?

• Thread starter sol niger 333
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I think that KxK sounds AMAZING with that NB/VH2 set...sorry Juggies.

The brighter pups sound better in that guitar because of the woods. And that is a ....ing badass combo period!

I'm on the fence on the Juggernauts. I really want to try them, but I'm not entirely sold yet. I'm not after the "Misha" sound, which is great for what it is, and want to hear more of these in different styles. There's nothing about them spec wise that puts me off, and I do like what I've heard so far. I'm just not as sold right away like I was with the Blackhawks (I've always leaned towards grittier pickups, little compressed, but with big mids).

jfrey

Reaction score
ordered one from axe palace few week ago and now?
still no good news..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
^ Why'd you go with Axe Palace? Wouldn't it have been quicker to go direct since you are in the UK? Like I mentioned before... I went direclty through BKP and it was shipped within like 3 or 4 days and then got to America like in a week.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
That would mean the BKPs would get shipped from the UK to the US and back to the UK:scratch:

You'd then get charged with customs then since your importing from the US.

jfrey

Reaction score
That would mean the BKPs would get shipped from the UK to the US and back to the UK:scratch:

You'd then get charged with customs then since your importing from the US.

lol because the price was a bit cheaper in axepalace
but when i realized there will be import charges [it was not appearing in checkout]
hA99CC79D

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Haha, cancel your order, dude! Save yourself the trouble. Especially if its taking awhile.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Kalzedar

Reaction score
I've managed to get in on the Ormsby HypeMachine 2014 run, and I'm trying to decide which pickups will be going in it. I'm straight away gravitating towards the Juggernaughts but luckily I have until January to decide, which should allow enough time for the "hype factor" to wear off a bit and I can make an informed, intelligent decision.

Btw very new to the forums, hey everyone!

katsumura78

Reaction score
The pickups are killer. Best set I've played to date and made my guitar sound perfect. My post will sound like I'm hyping it up but it really is a great set. If you want clarity and dynamics then check em out. Versatile too! I've played them in a church worship set lol.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Off topic, but I love how this has sorta become the "unofficial Juggernaut thread" and is full of love for the pickups when the title was going the other direction about them :lol:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I still think not naming these Djuggernaut was a missed opportunity. Especially since when I think of Periphery I think of their sense of humor.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
but when i realized there will be import charges [it was not appearing in checkout]
hA99CC79D

I've never had import fees whenever I ordered BKP's from Nick. He's pretty smart when it comes to filling in the customs form:yesway:

Mike

Reaction score
True... lol, but I think they are being super cereal about not being labeled djent.

Yeah but lets face it, if you think Periphery, what's the first word that comes to mind? Might be just me, but I usually think...*looks around* djent

morethan6

Reaction score
hA99CC79D

Not wanting to rub it in dude - but you could have driven to Devon to get them - it's like 100 miles.

Instead, you ordered them form a shop in Massachusetts. That is over 6000 miles round trip for your pickups.

Awesome :)

mniel8195

Reaction score
im thinking of switching out my warpigs for these. Trying to get better less loud cleans!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
First of all, thanks for the order. Secondly, the Juggernauts will definitely not be for everyone, but what pickup will right? I will be honest with you guys as the resident BKP guru here, I do not love them. However EVERY single customer of mine who ordered Juggernauts with us has reported back to me that they LOVE IT. So who cares what I think, right? I personally prefer the ceramic Nailbomb and Painkiller for that kind of vibe, with the Abraxas and Holydiver in the brighter guitars. The Juggernaut is just one of many good options they have to offer. If you dont end up liking them, most BKP dealers offer a 30 day exchange period so no worries.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Yeah but lets face it, if you think Periphery, what's the first word that comes to mind? Might be just me, but I usually think...*looks around* djent

Oh, definitely dude! That's why I could only award them a 'super cereal'. I think they are (and will always be) thought of as djent.

Also, I like the Juggernauts just fine. They are really gnarly, which is cool. I am waiting for the neck pup but the bridge is fun! I am not sure if I won't be changing back to Abraxas bridge and Mule neck again, though.
As soon as I got them my entire being went from heavy heavy heavy to... mellow mellow mellow.

Latest posts