BKP Painkiller bridge clean tone?

• Thread starter djent000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have an amp that stays pretty clean it is capable of decent cleans, but if your clean channel breaks up easily it will not be the cleanest sound.

27duuude

Picky about tone
Reaction score
Basically its wicked dynamic, as advertised. Play hard, small amps go into overdrive. It has a really mid range tone so its not going to sparkle but chords do well.

Its somewhat thin compared to the DiMarzio PAF 7 in the neck on my agile but for the same reason its good for metal. pafs get muddy with high gain/low tunings.

Roll of the tone and a comp will the get that bkp bridge to sparkle on anything Probably will no matter how you slice it on a large amp with a good clean.

4Eyes

Reaction score
it's high output pickup so it will brake up clean channel pretty easily on most of the amps, with split coils it reminds me a bit of telecaster bridge pickup type of tone due it's midrange character.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
When picking moderately, it works in combination with a Pod HD, especially when rolling off the volume.

It sounds really, really cool if you go for a middle position, combining a fatter neckpickup and the harsher nature of the Painkiller, gets really spanky and smudgy at the same time.

Latest posts

')