BKP Painkiller Problems - Now with less caps

• Thread starter Fragments
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fragments

Reaction score
I've got an ESP Sc-207 and play in drop G. got a line 6 spider 4 hd150 with line 6 4x12 cab. Ive got a BKP painkiller in the bridge position and i cant seam to get a good sound at all. i dont know if its the way its been wired but if i have the painkiller selected on its own there is hardly anything there, theres no sustain or anything big about it. i have to select the painkiller and use my stock neck pickup to get anything at all and even then it sounds gash. Is it just my amp or the way my guitar is set up. pleeease help

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
You most definitely wired it wrong. Otherwise you have not provided near enough information to solve the problem. How did you wire it?

The caps don't help your case btw, I almost bypassed your thread due to annoying non descript caps title.

Fragments

Reaction score
yeah its grounded. it just doesnt sound like its been made out to be. could it be my guitar set up i.e. trussrod adjustment, pick up height etc because at the moment my bridge is very high up to prevent frett buzz.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
did you get the black and white wires mixed up? I did that once with a similar effect to what you stated.
Also, ALL CAPS isn't necessary

ev1ltwin

Sad Redskins Fan
Reaction score
possibilities:

(1) you wired it wrong
(2) the pickup is too far away from the strings
(3) god is punishing you for putting a $150 pickup in a $400 guitar

Fragments

Reaction score
haha i know man, the guitar isnt exactly the best out there, just love the shape of stef's range. thanks for everyones feedback though, im more positive i can get it working better now. sorry for the caps too, i work with them permenantly on my keyboard and was a mistake.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
definitely check the wiring, then check the pickup height. Remember that BKP pickups are much less compressed sounding than most heavy-oriented pickups out there, so you need to adjust height and gain accordingly.

Latest posts

')