BKPs!! Aftermath or Painkiller!?!?

Reaction score
I am not sure about which one to get. I was really set towards the aftermath but I read up a bit on the painkiller and I think I may want it instead. I can't decide though!
I have always sworn by EMGs and have been planning on putting them into my guitar, but I really want to try some BKPs. I like the tight brutal, high ouput that the EMG 81 has to offer as well as it's tonal qualities.
Either way the pickup will be going into an ESP Horizon NT-II, if you guys want to get all tone/wood technical. haha.

I would really appreciate feedback as this is a nice chunk of motha f*****n change and would rather make the right decision the first time around.

- Chance

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Francis978

Reaction score
Curious, what style of music are you wanting to play? Also, what are the specs of your current guitars? body/neck wood, etc etc :)

Reaction score
Mainly types of metal, metalcore, stuff in that area.
Specs as taken from ESP website..
  • Neck-Thru-Body Construction
  • 25.5” Scale
  • Mahogany Body
  • Quilted Maple Top
  • Maple Neck
  • Ebony Fingerboard
  • 42mm Locking Nut
  • Thin U Neck Contour
Let me know if you'd like more. :)

Francis978

Reaction score
Thank you :)

Also, what aspects of your tone do you wish to see improved? I mean I know a good chunk of it is within the amp, but both those pickups have a distinct sound :)

Reaction score
I just want to add more note definition to the lower notes...I'm not so sure about the black hawks..

Latest posts

')