Black Clouds - New distortion pedal from DSM & Humboldt

McBrain

Reaction score
DSM & Humboldt - Black Clouds

If the Black Clouds does hi-gain as well as the Silver Linings does drive, then I think I found my replacement for the Ceres/Eros combo I just sold.

Almost ordered one earlier today, but have decided to wait for more demos before pushing the button.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Andertons demos of high gain just suck imho. That wasn’t any sound in that vid I would consider good.
Has cheesy as Chapman or Rabea may have been, they knew how to dial in a decent high gain tone. Sadly, between Lee, Pete and whoever else they throw in, all they really know how to dial in is blues/classic rock. They would think that if something isn't that good, they just wouldn't demo it but it could very well be that the pedal in this review was a 'paid promotion', so they had to do it regardless of how good/bad it is.

Last edited:

0rimus

Reaction score
In our world of being spoiled, I pretty much only run preamp pedals that are 125b enclosures with top mount jacks.

I'm about as interesting as vanilla ice cream.

That said, I bought the DSM Simplifier, and then later the Simplifier Deluxe and it did high gain shit extraordinary well.

Out of all the "big box" preamps I've tried (alot) that would be the one I'd be inclined to return to.

Only thing in my repertoire that could nail Night Is The New Day tones from Katatonia.

So kinda curious how heavy this could get.