Black Hills (Metal) Music Connections

• Thread starter PerfectCandor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PerfectCandor

Anti-Active-Pickup Activist
Reaction score
I want to start by saying that I am moving up to Rapid City, SD for school in late August (in 5 weeks, but I have to settle in a bit first anyway) so it's not like I want to meet this weekend. And, I'm not trying to prove a point nor do I have some uber-high opinion of myself, but the school stuff given I want to clear any suspicion of poorly-playing-edgy-teenager-with-little-experience. I ask you to listen to my music in my signature, and note that I am also a jazz player, have a booked wedding gig in the next 2-3 weeks and for what it's worth recieved the Louis Armstrong award for jazz this last year (being the highest nationally interscholastic award for high school musicians).

Anyway, being in school means I don't have the most free time as I also have school music to play and my own work to do, music or not. I am looking for someone/some people looking to relatively slowly and in a relaxed fashion work on and release music, jam and maybe play the occasional local underground-y show, or even just connect with.

I play guitar and bass, do vocals, I like to occasionally play keys and the cajon, other specifically folk percussion and the ocarina for some dark folk-y stuff. I am not a drummer by any means but I can program fine. I can pretty awfully play the violin and end up nailing my 70th take but won't have access to orchestral instruments anyway lmao. All of that being said I am far and away primarily a guitarist and bass is a relatively close second, I have done some bass work with/for others in addition to all of my guitar work. I can record/engineer/mix/master and enjoy just about everything musically in every genre other than pop-country.

I like metal and prog-y (I am best at writing instrumental) stuff the most. In addition to what I have out, I have some kind of almost break-y drums/soft prog/goth wave inspired stuff, have a lot of slower natural stuff, a bit of Meshuggah-esque groove metal, and pagan folk-y blackened metal stuff not only written and/or halfway recorded like a lot of projects, but that I plan on releasing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')