Black Machine

D

Desecrated

F8a.jpg

:drool:

:holy:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never seen one in real life, it's not the kind of axe u'd see hangin in ur local shop i must admit. I'd love to try one but would never consider buying one until they fit them with a floyd, which is happening soon according to that site.
where did u have the delight of playing one Metalfriend666? and what was it like?

To be honest, it's not likely that you will see one with a floyd. I was having an innebriated conversation with Doug about it the other day and his reaction is still one of negativity. His exact reaction was 'My guitars have to have the ultimate tone, and I won't do anything that detracts from that', so i reckon it's really unlikely.

Pin from Sikth has been bugging him for a floyd for years, and that still hasn't happened. I did also text him about the Kahler fanned trems, he's going to be doing some research into them to see what he thinks.

As to what they are like? Well I've played pretty much everything that Doug has built over the years (my housemate owns Blackmachine number 1). They've always been excellent guitars, but the leaps that Doug has made in his building in the last couple of years have been truly amazing.

He bought the F8 and spalted 6 to our rehearsal the other day and the tone made both of us want to burn all of our gear, and it's not like either of us are running cheap rigs!!!! :noplease:

Doug = :bowdown:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've never seen one in real life, it's not the kind of axe u'd see hangin in ur local shop i must admit. I'd love to try one but would never consider buying one until they fit them with a floyd, which is happening soon according to that site.
where did u have the delight of playing one Metalfriend666? and what was it like?

London Guitar Show last year. I got to play the 30" 8 string and the 884, the first fanned fret 8 he built. The 30" 8 was too much like playing a bass, though it did sound good. The 884 was just fucking awesome though, absolutely perfect. The tone through the Diezel VH4 on his stand was indescribably good. I still want a Blackmachine very, very, very badly.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah he said he was reluctant to fit trems but was looking into it because of the demand via email. oh well, they're beautiful non the less. not much on the market, where are they purchasable from? directly from him or are they produced for the high street?

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
You just purchase them through blackmachine .. but he isn't taking orders right now, and I can't recall ever seeing one being sold secondhand before. I want one bad, but they are very difficult to come by.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
You just purchase them through blackmachine .. but he isn't taking orders right now, and I can't recall ever seeing one being sold secondhand before. I want one bad, but they are very difficult to come by.

There's only one that has ever come up second hand that i've seen, the solid Snakewood 6 string. Doug built it for the guy, who then fell on hard times and hard to part with it. It was snatched up by my mate Hairy Chris who's known Doug as long as i have. He's so pleased with it that he sold both his beloved USA Soloists and currently has a second one on commision.

In terms of them becoming more readily available, I've seen one of the body/neck blanks for the lower priced range and it still looked like it will be a stunning guitar.

Cringles

Another Sinking Ship
Reaction score
I got to play about with Pins BlackMachine when i seen them a few months ago. The neck was very thin, to thin for me. Has anyone tried a 6 and 7 string BlackMachine? are the 7 string necks thin like a ibanez?

')