Black Metal Bands Playing 7 Strings?

• Thread starter Rocks256
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rocks256

Reaction score
Anyone can share some Black Metal bands who play 7 strings? Would be cool :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
Agrona, black metal band from south wales. they use only 7 string guitars.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I know dudeman mentioned Prometheus, but the first couple Ihsahn albums are just as black metal as that imo, and they're also on 7s aren't they?

There's another band that's black metal that uses 7s and it's like all the riffs are tapping but I'm blanking on who it is.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Not exactly black metal. They do have some influences though. (5:05) :hbang:

Deathspell Omega

Reaction score
Darklord ? By the way, probably the most technically gifted guitarplayer in BM (not that this is the No. 1 requirement to be a great BM player. Vindsval from Blut Aus Nord for example is great without any shredding at all).

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Arcturus tune to B on 6 string and 7 strings. Dimmu Borgir have used baritones in B or A before. I can't remember what Silonez said.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Arcturus tune to B on 6 string and 7 strings. Dimmu Borgir have used baritones in B or A before. I can't remember what Silonez said.

Arcturus wasn't on sevens when they were playing black metal. They didn't start 7 strings until The Sham Mirrors. I guess it does have one track that's black metal, called Radical Cut.

Cant believe no one mentioned Behemoth yet

Behemoth didn't start seven strings until they stopped being black metal and moved into their death metal thing. I believe it's not until The Apostasy.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
^they're on sixes that I don't even think are detuned lol

Nick

Reaction score
Nightbringer - Naas plays a 7 tuned to B. The other guy uses a 6 and I'm yet to work out whether its tuned to E or B.

As a result Akhlys and Bestia Arcana also use 7s as he is in or is all of those bands

Chiba666

Reaction score
Arcturus wasn't on sevens when they were playing black metal. They didn't start 7 strings until The Sham Mirrors. I guess it does have one track that's black metal, called Radical Cut.

Behemoth didn't start seven strings until they stopped being black metal and moved into their death metal thing. I believe it's not until The Apostasy.

Think Demigod was the first with 7s, I'm sure Slaves Shall Serve was done with 7s.

yeah Dimmu used 7s from Deathcult onwards, Silenoz was suing a 7 string viper.

Borknagar used 7s on the aslt album, eve though called Borknagar BM is a stretch

GÜMERSINDO

Reaction score
Marduk in some songs of Nightwing and Grande Danse Macabre.

Agathodaimon, Otargos.

')