Black Metal recommendations

• Thread starter LamaSabachthani
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
not sure if they're generally considered 'kvlt' enough (although they were from the original scene, no?) but I got introduced to Immortal the other night and thought 'F**K, this is awesome'. Can anyone out there with more refined taste in black metal point out anything I might like? I already listen to Emperor (must get more of their albums though... only have ITNE), Burzum, and Mayhem would love to hear more recommendations if you kind folks could indulge me.

chzthxbai

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't listen to black metal as much as I used to be Marduk was a band I listened to a ton back in the day. Some of my favorite songs of them were..

-Death sex ejaculation... lol (the pre chorus and chorus are awesome)

-With Satan and victorious weapons

-Panzer Division

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score

If you want something really, really mad:

There's also a band called Silencer, look them up at your own risk. Don't listen to it late at night.

Micah55

Reaction score
This is by far the best black metal there is , i dont care what anyone else says:

MatthewK

Reaction score
I don't really follow what's hip in the black metal world, but I do enjoy the music. Two of my favorites are Silencer's Death - Pierce Me and Weakling's Dead as Dreams.

Mwoit

Reaction score

I don't really listen to any tr00 black metal, but these bands are alright.

Ironbird666

Reaction score
Lots of good stuff in this thread so far. I'm pretty big into black metal so I'll go ahead and add a few of my favorites:
Satyricon

Unanimated

Watain

Craft

Dawn

Some of these may be considered to be blurring the lines between black/death, but I don't think you'll mind much.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Black metal?

:wavey:

Oterwise, check out Burzum, Mayhem, Marduk, early Impaled Nazarene, Immortal, Emperor, and Abruptum. That's the old school stuff to me. You might as well go to the roots!

The Grief Hole

Reaction score
Phyrh from Korea.

Plague Of Altars from Ireland.

Wolves In The Throne Room "Two Hunters". American(?)

Or just listen to Emperor. Immortal started out as a death metal band but Euronymous (of Mayhem/ victim of Varg Vikernes) pit on the black metal path. For the first wave of black metal check out Bathory or Incubus (not the US funk metal band!!!!!!!). And if you go back that far you need to buy a Venom album.

')