Black metal suggestions

• Thread starter Jacksonluvr636
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell yeah on akhlys. I was gonna post them but figured I spammed this thread enough.

Dwellingers

Reaction score
Horned Almighty.
Old school black and some D-beat.

New single

Else are the record Necro Spiritualis and Contaminating the Divine really stellar (dirty) releases!

If you like it check also temple of scorn.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've posted them in the AOTY threads but I'ma keep doing it!

Blackbraid (Max already posted video link, but both albums rip)

Wayfarer:

Ulcerate:

Schammasch:

So Hideous:

Panzerfaust:

Already mentioned but they own so I'll give them shout-outs:
Gaerea
Panopticon
White Ward
Abigail Williams

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Im not sure how lord belial's enter the moonlight gate hasn't been posted yet. This is my favorite black metal album of all time (right in front of puritanical euphoric misanthropia and sons of northern darkness). The acoustic track "forlorn in silence" is also one of my favorite classical guitar pieces ever as well.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Have to add 1 last headbanger

Love LOVE that album art

Last edited:

ToRNOuTLaW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Good stuff, Akhlys, Ulcerate(BM?), mgla... adding some more.

I like Menetekel's projects Wyrgher & Ungfell within the swiss (Helvetic Underground Comittee) scene.
Wyrgher is something between blackened death and progressive black metal:

Ungfell has more of a folk feel:

No mention of Emperor? Maybe because they are a given! If someone should still be uninitiated, they're about to have their life changed:

Afsky from Denmark:

And because we allowed Dissection and Ulcerate, another Blackend Death Metal favorite from my country:

Last edited:

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Can't forget Shining(Sweden), even though it's more Black'n Roll, musically?

Lmao I went to a cookout in Rhode Island with the guys from Shining. Niklas didn't talk much from what I remember. It was hot as fuck that day which is what I remember most about it.

ToRNOuTLaW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lmao I went to a cookout in Rhode Island with the guys from Shining. Niklas didn't talk much from what I remember. It was hot as fuck that day which is what I remember most about it.
Really, he didn't complain about the 🥩 not being bloody enough or something?

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Really, he didn't complain about the 🥩 not being bloody enough or something?

Haha not that I recall. They were staying at the house having the cookout which was maybe a little less than a mile from the venue of the "fest" that Shining and my former band were playing. I didn't really talk to him because although I liked V:Halmstad, I wasn't a big fan or anything. It was just more of an "oh it's that guy" situation. Then I heard he got into a little bit of trouble later on in the tour (nice way of saying it) and I lost interest in his output. *shrugs*

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Always liked these guys. Nothing symphonic here, just good progressive black metal with a rock'n'roll edge. Ridiculously good riffs. Fans of the Baroness flavor might be into it. The intro to the second song has been one of those riffs that's such an ear worm that I've never forgotten it.

Last edited:

ToRNOuTLaW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haha not that I recall. They were staying at the house having the cookout which was maybe a little less than a mile from the venue of the "fest" that Shining and my former band were playing. I didn't really talk to him because although I liked V:Halmstad, I wasn't a big fan or anything. It was just more of an "oh it's that guy" situation. Then I heard he got into a little bit of trouble later on in the tour (nice way of saying it) and I lost interest in his output. *shrugs*
Yeah, I am a fan of his music, not his overall personality :/ Saw them 3 times live, great performances in most aspects, but the band and some of the fans gave me bad vibes.
That's quite a common problem in Black Metal, unfortunately. Burzum *cough*!

')