Black metal suggestions

• Thread starter Jacksonluvr636
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Just looking to find some other black metal bands to listen to.

I don't like all BM but things like these or death cult Armageddon or even COF demos are up my alley.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Dissection was closer to blackened melodic death metal, but it is the first thing that comes to mind when black metal is mentioned. I appreciate the music, but the band's belief systems and actions were divisive to say the least.

Hypocrisy's older stuff was also kinda blackened death metal, a bit closer to doomy at times though. Their sound overall got much faster after The 4th Dimension and lyrical content moved closer to alien abduction and conspiracy theories.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Weakling
Yellow Eyes
Krallice
Castevet
Suffering Hour

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
MGLA and Gaerea are the two black metal bands of the last decade that really have spoken to me. Super unique and creative. MGLA's exercises in futility is in my top 5 best black metal albums of all time and Gaerea's Mirage and Limbo are up there as well.

excellent mixes as well, not that "recorded in a cabin in the woods with a tape recorder" vibe.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Since You mentioned the sound of old CoF demos, this might be up your alley. It's really hard to beat a black metal lyrical line such as "for deep in the woods I shall dwell in the stream of my languid creator, dancing with fire in the moonlight"

And a couple more -

I haven't listened to bm in a handful of years so this has been fun digging up memories.

Last edited:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
And while Nagelfar was mentioned above not to be confused with Naglfar, naglfar does have a few bangers in their history.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Another totally awesome Band that plays Black Metal in the 90s style:

Stormkeep

JSil13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Spectral Wound
Old Man's Child- the guitarist from Dimmu's other band
I- Abbath's black and roll band. Harder to look up, but the album is called Between Two Worlds
Rimfrost
Stormkeep- someone mentioned them, and to me they're like a mix of black metal and power metal
Wayfarer- Same guys as Stormkeep but it's a weird mix of metal and Americana. Like metal Red Dead Redemption
Blackbraid- Native American black metal

')