Black Sabbath anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the vein of my CCR thread some weeks back, I thought it would be nice to post up some vids of our favorite Sabbath tunes. You know, for shits and giggles. :)

All Sabbath eras are welcome, and sorry for the crappy sound quality, it's basically impossible to find high quality vids of these songs from back in the day.

I hope you enjoy. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tony Iommi is one of my favorite all time guitarists. He's not overly flashy or technical but he can write some disgustingly heavy and haunting riffs, without playing overly fast or low.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone always posts shit like paranoid and warpigs, and completely ignores the other 20 albums or so they released, which is a shame.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
They got me into music, into playing music, into playing bass and guitar, into metal...they fuckin started my life. All 8 Ozzy and all 3 Dio albums are forever burned into my mind over the course of the last 6 years (I'm only 19 admittedly :lol:), and the Martin and Hughes material don't hurt either.

Fuck yes Black Sabbath.

Fuck yes forever.

Yeah it's a shame people ignore some of their best material. I still get chills from songs on Sabotage, Dehumanizer, Never Say Die...goddamn I'm getting an itch for go for a day long listen O_O

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
They got me into music, into playing music, into playing bass and guitar, into metal...they fuckin started my life. All 8 Ozzy and all 3 Dio albums are forever burned into my mind over the course of the last 6 years (I'm only 19 admittedly :lol:), and the Martin and Hughes material don't hurt either.

Fuck yes Black Sabbath.

Fuck yes forever.

Yeah it's a shame people ignore some of their best material. I still get chills from songs on Sabotage, Dehumanizer, Never Say Die...goddamn I'm getting an itch for go for a day long listen O_O

Same thing happened to me when i was about 16.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
It's insane that one band has done so GODDAMN much for music, I don't think I'll ever stop worshiping them.

MB40

miserable bastard
Reaction score
Sympton of the universe is one of the greatest riffs in metal.

what ever kind of metal you listen to,it all comes back to sabbath.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
For a longtime I was one of those who only listened to the collection "We sold our souls for rock and roll" and never made the effort to check out their albums until I saw the Black Sabbath box set of the Ozzy era limited edition number SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX!
Needless to say I saw it as a sign and snatched the sucker up (it's my avatar) and was shocked at how good and varied their material is, to me they are a highly underrated band and unlike their peers (such as the overrated Led Zeppelin) never get the credit they deserve.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath = Best song to be released, ever, prior to 1975.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath = Best song to be released, ever, prior to 1975.

:agreed:

Sometimes I forget about what brought me to metal and music in general but when I hear that song it brings it all back to me, every aspect of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is so perfectly arranged it still floors me every single time I hear it.

Rogueleader

Bringer Of Storms
Reaction score
Black sabbath is one of my all time favorite bands. Since it looks like ozzy and dio eras are already getting a lot of love, here are a few of my favorites with other lead singers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFEglC9OAns

My other all time favorite is deep purple. So it should come as no surprise that I love the Born Again Album.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Self-titled debut turned 40 years old yesterday... such a ground-breaking album.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Love my copy of the Black Box collection, I'm never pawning that or letting it go.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Shame on you all!! :nono: You forgot one of the most intense of Sabbath songs - "Into the Void." I find the opening riffs to be perfect for shutting up the little brats going wheedly wheedly (and not playing any songs), on Dean MLs at Guitar Center. Plug into an amp, turn it up, play the opening minute of the "Into The Void", and shut THEM UP!!! It's SO HEAVY!! :shred:

I've been listening to Black Sabbath for at least the past 30 years. I cut some of my guitar playing teeth, learning to play "War Pigs"back in 1980. Here''s some electric sludge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')