Black Water Guitar Company

• Thread starter explosivo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
This is why I will never order from an individual luthier ever. I would support them and even love to get one in stock though.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
DAG got builds in because when the list was open several years ago Cliff invested in a few slots and then got guitars several years later. He now has 5 spec'd guitars on order left but when he gets those will depend on how fast Aaron builds them. DAG doesn't get special treatment in wait times, they wait just as long as anyone else who has a spot on order.

Last I heard from Aaron is he's still building them, we talked a lot since I had 3 completed builds from him and 1 on order but haven't heard back in awhile. He's an excellent builder but builds things at his own pace, I can't complain with the results as he's a truly talented luthier. But the wait is not for those who are impatient, I did the same thing I just did with Daemoness last year. Put the deposit in and just forget about it until your time comes up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
DAG got builds in because when the list was open several years ago Cliff invested in a few slots and then got guitars several years later. He now has 5 spec'd guitars on order left but when he gets those will depend on how fast Aaron builds them. DAG doesn't get special treatment in wait times, they wait just as long as anyone else who has a spot on order.

Not quite sure I buy it honestly having spoken to Cliff at DAG numerous times. Basically if you're on his roster it's because you're a small builder and he's there to help promote your brand and build it up. It's what he does as a boutique shop. He gets guitars from these guys because they want to get business going ahead of any wait times.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
You can ask him if you want, I bought two in stocks from Cliff and he offered me the opportunity to fully spec one of those slots 2 years ago now when I bought them. He's not getting fed regular builds, he got a batch, then the 2nd batch. And now he's waiting on the next spots to come up.

euronymous

Reaction score

Last I heard from Aaron is he's still building them, we talked a lot since I had 3 completed builds from him and 1 on order but haven't heard back in awhile. He's an excellent builder but builds things at his own pace, I can't complain with the results as he's a truly talented luthier. But the wait is not for those who are impatient, I did the same thing I just did with Daemoness last year. Put the deposit in and just forget about it until your time comes up.
Do you know how to contact Aaron ? I have been told my built will begin soon. Then I never heard from them. It has been over one year since their last email.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've heard from Aaron, Dan doesn't handle their communications anymore. And he hasn't responded my messages in awhile unfortunately, all I know is that he was still working on guitars Q1 of this year.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Do you know how to contact Aaron ? I have been told my built will begin soon. Then I never heard from them. It has been over one year since their last email.

Unfortunately, everybody has been told their build would begin "soon", "next month"...
Best thing for those in the US is to sue the guy, for other... say bye bye to your deposit.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Last time I talked to DAG they said they were waiting on a bunch of builds but I don't think they ever got them.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Damn shame... My BW is a thing of absolute beauty and perfection. AFAIK I was one of the last finished builds. Really sad to see this though.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I was going to look at the BWGC site the other day, wanted to look at his inlaid tops again, but the site is completely gone now.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
necro.

i saw a page on instagram promoting his work so i wanted to pop in see if anything became of BWGC. his website is back up. instagram hasnt been posted on since 2017.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I was really hoping someone got their build when this showed up in "new posts".

Crazy that its 5 years now since he disappeared. That page posting his work is just an IG share page, someone commented and he said he didn't know and just posts guitars for fun. The majority of tagged photos from the last few year are just mine which is sad to see. You never see his guitars online anymore.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Best to let that headstock die out.

That said, I got a set of the neodymium pickups maybe a month or two before he went quiet. They're not bad!